Jaylon: I would say I probably ran the most out of the entire defense

Creeper

Reaction score
Did he mention that missed open field tackle? He didn't have to run very far for that one. The Gainwell ran right by him.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cox is faster. Whether he'd be better is debatable. I know some cringe at everything Jaylon says or does, but he seems to be much better respected by the NFL world. The announcers praised him for his play and leadership last night.

And what do you see with your own eyes? :)

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I'm by no means a Jaylon Smith fan. I see what all you guys see for the most part, but I have to give him a little bit of credit. He was running sideline to sideline quite a bit keeping track of Hurts and in some situations actually did hold him in check from gashing us for a big gain. I'll allow this one from Jaylon.

This forum is no place for facts and logic just pure unadulterated emotional opinions. Please act accordingly

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And what do you see with your own eyes? :)

Cox did well in the preseason, but the regular season is different. More complex schemes can lead to more confusion. We had some last night with the tight end crossers and I'm not sure without going back and looking who was responsible for that.

As far as what I've seen from Jaylon, it's been pretty good this season. He's had some poor plays, but he's also had multiple good ones. He's not the major liability some of you make him out to be. Last year, he and the entire defense was lost. The tackles were trash. And he didn't play well. He's playing somewhere between his best (which was 2018) and probably his 2019 season IMO. All of the linebackers have had plus and minus moments, which is typical. Fans just seem to really dwell on any by Jaylon.

Not saying that I don't think Cox has a bright future. I'm just not sure he's progressed to the point where putting him out there would be a great thing.

Mannix

Reaction score
He is going to be sooooooooo floored when he gets let go after the season.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t see a need for experience if one’s job is mostly spy a QB. Need speed and sure tackles.
Reading plays is important
Even the guy spying has other responsibilities and he’s also the guy calling the defense
I really like Cox but I like the idea of bringing him along slowly too
It wouldn’t shock me if both LVE and Jaylon are gone next year so Cox has a bright future

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jaylon played a good game ...... The pile on was stupid but he seemed to be running with a lot of effort and he was getting guys in place on defense. His constant self promotion is his only real fault ....... Otherwise he is just an average starting linebacker.

Jipper

Reaction score
He played good last night.

he played better than he has been but it was average lb play.

he’s definitely got a skill set in certain situations but laterally he struggles and it’s easy to see

CWR

Reaction score
To my ignorant eye Jaylon has been better this year. I'm done roasting him for a little while.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
FW60.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ugh, it never ends with this guy. He needs attention 24-7. Go away already!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im torn ..on one hand he had an ok game....On the other

I watch #11 take on a pulling gaurd with the presence of a 10 year vet and make the play...then watch #9 get sucked in the wash like a rookie on 1 of 3 run plays...did he do ok spying Hurts yes...if the Beagles run it 20 to 30 times...what does #9 game look like? To be honest #55 had a couple of *** moments also, but he also had some good plays.