Jaylon: I would say I probably ran the most out of the entire defense

Praxit

Reaction score
..well Jaylon, spying involves lots of running. Unfortunately, Hurts has wheels.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith - 4 tackles.
1st tackle - 2 yard gain on a possession the Eagles punted
Other 3 tackles came on an 8 play, 90 yard TD drive by the Eagles. Eagles gained 9, 0 and 8 yards on those plays.

No tackles for loss. No passes defended. No sacks. No QB hits.

The most impressive thing I saw him do last night was dive on top of a pile where forward momentum had been stopped. He had some hops. He also was slapping hands with coaches on the sidelines and even the cheerleaders when the play led him to the sidelines.

I didn't want to draft him but I really wanted to like him. He just makes it so hard sometimes.

cowboyskid29

Reaction score
Sure does a lot of running

QmcYfxLVLxNnbGghoMjdmgBEFzFEems44YAg1Y6FwBevW1

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm by no means a Jaylon Smith fan. I see what all you guys see for the most part, but I have to give him a little bit of credit. He was running sideline to sideline quite a bit keeping track of Hurts and in some situations actually did hold him in check from gashing us for a big gain. I'll allow this one from Jaylon.

Agreed. For once, his horn tooting is somewhat warranted.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I couldn't help but think as I saw him running, he may never fully recover from his injury. It looks so pronounced. He seems as if he's laboring to pick up his feet to run. It's subtle, but it's noticeable.

I know he doesn't need or want my pity, but I feel sorry for him. I think he would actually be an All-Pro linebacker if it wasn't for his devastating injury. I don't think he wants to make any excuses, but he simply doesn't run the same as he did in college. :(

Agree he does seem to be impacted by the injury, but he also seems to lack instinct at times.

aikemirv

Reaction score
#57 - Luke Gifford played well last night. He should replace Jaylon for a few more snaps!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith - 4 tackles.
1st tackle - 2 yard gain on a possession the Eagles punted
Other 3 tackles came on an 8 play, 90 yard TD drive by the Eagles. Eagles gained 9, 0 and 8 yards on those plays.

No tackles for loss. No passes defended. No sacks. No QB hits.

The most impressive thing I saw him do last night was dive on top of a pile where forward momentum had been stopped. He had some hops. He also was slapping hands with coaches on the sidelines and even the cheerleaders when the play led him to the sidelines.

I didn't want to draft him but I really wanted to like him. He just makes it so hard sometimes.

How many plays where Hurts rolled outside the pocket and threw the ball either away or incomplete because of Jaylon moving with him? Genuinely curious because I feel like I remember a few of those as well. I don't think he is the best player in the world and his play and the way he talks warrants the hate, but this particular quote of his I think I can let go because he did seem to be going everywhere Hurts went when Hurts scrambled.