Jaylon: I would say I probably ran the most out of the entire defense

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jaylon making these self-serving comments won't do anything for his standing with his teammates. Not a very perceptive fella! :facepalm:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
At this point I just think he says this stuff to troll his "haters". His "haters" will never like him. They've made their mind up about him. Same goes for Dak. Dak can't win over his doubters in 2021.....

I think the truth is the truth...Smith is not the same player he was and its because of the injury, and thats unfortunate because he couldve been great. He tries and plays hard, its just so glaring when #11 is on the field...but to be honest #11 may make ALOT of LB's look average.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith - 4 tackles.
1st tackle - 2 yard gain on a possession the Eagles punted
Other 3 tackles came on an 8 play, 90 yard TD drive by the Eagles. Eagles gained 9, 0 and 8 yards on those plays.

No tackles for loss. No passes defended. No sacks. No QB hits.

The most impressive thing I saw him do last night was dive on top of a pile where forward momentum had been stopped. He had some hops. He also was slapping hands with coaches on the sidelines and even the cheerleaders when the play led him to the sidelines.

I didn't want to draft him but I really wanted to like him. He just makes it so hard sometimes.
:hammer:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the truth is the truth...Smith is not the same player he was and its because of the injury, and thats unfortunate because he couldve been great. He tries and plays hard, its just so glaring when #11 is on the field...but to be honest #11 may make ALOT of LB's look average.
Well let me say this in Jaylon's defense....Parsons' makes a lot of people look bad if that's the ceiling. I think some people forget that because we got him at 12th bu truthfully he was a top 5 talent. He's a extremely gifted athlete...probably like Jaylon was at one point at Notre Dame. But like you said, he makes a lot of guys look average. Hell i'm looking at LVE as average and i'm one of the guys that thought if he could just get past the injury he would be back to his normal All Pro self.

Only thing I will say about Jaylon is that I think if people think he had a bad game yesterday we're nitpicking....did he have his typical flaws? Of course. Most linebackers do. You can't find me a flawless linebacker in the NFL. Hell are people looking at the Eagles linebackers?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Jaylon played well, but come on with the patting yourself on the back dude. So bush...

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I'm by no means a Jaylon Smith fan. I see what all you guys see for the most part, but I have to give him a little bit of credit. He was running sideline to sideline quite a bit keeping track of Hurts and in some situations actually did hold him in check from gashing us for a big gain. I'll allow this one from Jaylon.
yes, he was, it was obvious, but Jaylon bashing has turned into a cottage industry in this group to the point objectivity has gone to siberia and people just bash in the echo chamber. He isnt good but he isnt nearly as bad as everyone is making out

silvernblu

Reaction score
yes, he was, it was obvious, but Jaylon bashing has turned into a cottage industry in this group to the point objectivity has gone to siberia and people just bash in the echo chamber. He isnt good but he isnt nearly as bad as everyone is making out

No one says he is bad.

He’s two things.

1) Eager to abandon his position to seek the glory play

2) Over praising of himself

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
At this point I just think he says this stuff to troll his "haters". His "haters" will never like him. They've made their mind up about him. Same goes for Dak. Dak can't win over his doubters in 2021.....
If you think Dak and Jaylon have the same type of haters then I don't know what to say. Dak with a broken ankle could walk less rigid than Jaylon