Jaylon looked terrible today

superonyx

Reaction score
When am I ever happy? You don't even know me dude lol. The only person on this thread who seems annoyed is you. I don't have 10k posts on here like you bruh, I celebrate our victories in the real world lol.
So you celebrate the victories in the real world while coming here crying like a little *****. Your post was beyond dumb. Your conclusion is Jalen's drop foot is still an issue. You clearly don't understand how that works. He was fine last year. Yet somehow the nerve decided to degenerate this past summer and now he can no longer lift his foot?

If this is the content we have to look forward to from you then I hope you never hit 10k post.

You owe everyone an apology for wasting their time.

superonyx

Reaction score
I’m honestly worried about our LB core. They were supposed to be the heart of our defense, but they’re routinely getting gashed. Jaylon looks gimp and lost, LVE is uncharacteristically missing tackles, and Lee looks like he’s already retired.

I’m not sure why Joe Thomas isn’t getting more reps

Yessssssss of course it’s great we’re winning... that doesn’t mean there aren’t still valid concerns worthy of discussion
We had the 26th ranked defense last year.
We are ranked 15th right now.

We gave up 20.2 point per game last season.
We are giving up 14.7 this season.

Our defense was bad last season.

When we play better teams we will be giving up more points.

starfan1

Reaction score
Our defense in the first half as a whole looked bad. Awuzi in particular and yes having to deal with kamara next week presents it’s challenges but with Brees being sideline it helps

Who’s going to cover Thomas ? Awuzi will be exposesd but also another game with Quinn will help create pressure hopefully Crawford and woods can play

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think our LB's cover more ground than any group that I've ever seen so yeah, they may lack a little technique at times. Also we are running some complex defenses at times. We're fine, and I don't see a problem with either LB mentioned except they may be gassed at times. Being gassed can make you look stupid, trust me.

nobody

Reaction score
Help me out here. I thought the Dolphins only scored 6 points and lost handily...but according to all the griping, apparently the dolphins scored a lot more and even beat us because of the defense.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
As much as I like Jaylon, he's looked really off this season. I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker get so much praise, while missing so many open field tackles. He looks like he's favoring his good leg and overextending every angle.

Even on the forced fumble, he overextended, slipped, and barely got a finger on the ball. He can run fast in straight lines, & pass rush, but his lateral movement is just so off.. It's obvious his dropfoot is still an issue.
I think you are over analyzing. For example LVE literally wiffed on open field tackles but you would not say he had a bad game.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
As much as I like Jaylon, he's looked really off this season. I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker get so much praise, while missing so many open field tackles. He looks like he's favoring his good leg and overextending every angle.

Even on the forced fumble, he overextended, slipped, and barely got a finger on the ball. He can run fast in straight lines, & pass rush, but his lateral movement is just so off.. It's obvious his dropfoot is still an issue.
Nowhere nearly as bad as chido did.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dumb thread of the week.

Sydla

Reaction score
We had the 26th ranked defense last year.
We are ranked 15th right now.

We gave up 20.2 point per game last season.
We are giving up 14.7 this season.

Our defense was bad last season.

When we play better teams we will be giving up more points.

26th? What measurement?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
He is leading the team in tackles and it too 10 in the league in number of tackles. He can’t be whiffing on that many.

Are these tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage or 7 to 10 yards down the field. It seems the scheme has our LBs back on their heels and i am afraid Kamara will eat us up catching the ball wide open out of the backfield.

John813

Reaction score
The both seem off unfortunately.

However, I doubt it's anything serious that can't be fixed with play time and/or coaching adjustments.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I havent seen many splash plays from our LB corps. Of course, I haven't seen many splash plays from the entire defense either. But they are holding teams to low scores, so.....

The next 2 weeks will be a true barometer of how good this defense is.