Video: Jaylon moves like he is over 60 around the 8 min mark

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I love me some Jaylon but the staff has to see what we see. It was almost painful to watch.

Jaylon moves like he is over 60. :(

He made alot of tackles last year but it was 4,5,6 yards off the ball. He did a lot of catching instead of delivering the hit.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He seems not able to sink his hips, is it due to leg strength or core ? He starts high and that way he cant tackle .

817Gill

Reaction score
There was a thread about this where a doctor (in Twitter fwiw) spoke about potential degeneration and tendonitis development in the knee post reconstructive surgery. He said the loss of explosion was caused by a similar deterioration to Todd Gurley.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
There was a thread about this where a doctor (in Twitter fwiw) spoke about potential degeneration and tendonitis development in the knee post reconstructive surgery. He said the loss of explosion was caused by a similar deterioration to Todd Gurley.
He is running like an over weight kid on a High School team. Sheesh!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I love me some Jaylon but the staff has to see what we see. It was almost painful to watch.

Jaylon moves like he is over 60. :(

He made alot of tackles last year but it was 4,5,6 yards off the ball. He did a lot of catching instead of delivering the hit.

8 min mark? I'm not seeing it. Is this a test to see if people actually watch the video? I see #9 but the play is on the other side of the field so it wasn't his play.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That knee is done. Feel bad for him actually. He's probably the last person to realize it.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
That knee is done. Feel bad for him actually. He's probably the last person to realize it.
Yeah. I crap on him a lot because I don't like how he's played and his demeanor, but I do feel bad for the guy. In a non-cap world, I would be super happy that he at least got some money in the bank for his family. But he's running as if he's not using his heels or rear leg muscles, its all quads and toes. He moves his arms fast to make the rhythm faster but it just ends up looking awkward.

DQ has to see this, his reputation is on the line. Why would he risk it with a guy that can't run and puts you in a bad position every time hes on the field.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
His leg is essentially shot. Add in questionable instincts and the reality that he probably never should have been put at MLB and you see what you see.

He's as good as gone next offseason.

For better or for worse MLB is Jaylon's BEST position by far. It puts him in position to read, react and run generally in one direction. Where he has trouble is changing directions. Which is why putting him on one side or the other can be an issue. If he reads a key that starts inside then has to switch up and chase in the other direction he's screwed. The only time having him on the outside makes sense is if he's rushing the passer. Again... running in one direction. One thing I will say though.. If Jaylon stinks so bad.. what does it say about the rest of the guys when he is far and away the leading tackler on the defense? I'm not saying he's an all pro... but if he leads the team in tackles again while all these other "better" players are out there folks may have to reassess a bit.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
8 min mark? I'm not seeing it. Is this a test to see if people actually watch the video? I see #9 but the play is on the other side of the field so it wasn't his play.
I understand that totally but, his gate is labored. I don't care about that play. Did you see how bad he got beat to the outside in the AZ game? That back runs in the 4.5s and jaylon didn't have a chance.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I RUN JUST LIKE THAT at age 57!

After two hip replacements I still play ton of tennis at a high level. Speeding up is no problem. Slowing down though?!! It's faster for me to fall down and get back up real quick than it is trying to slow down Jaylon runs like I do. Sucks.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I understand that totally but, his gate is labored. I don't care about that play.

That should be gait.. and yes it is.. I don't know if the leg is giving him trouble or maybe he's just playing with a huge brace on it so as not to get it hurt during preseason but there is a definite hitch in his gitalong. It's a fact of life for Jaylon that there are some things that he used to be able to do that just won't be there after that injury. He's obviously never going to be the player he could have been before the injury. However that doesn't mean he can't play.. He just has to play differently.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That should be gait.. and yes it is.. I don't know if the leg is giving him trouble or maybe he's just playing with a huge brace on it so as not to get it hurt during preseason but there is a definite hitch in his gitalong. It's a fact of life for Jaylon that there are some things that he used to be able to do that just won't be there after that injury. He's obviously never going to be the player he could have been before the injury. However that doesn't mean he can't play.. He just has to play differently.
Beat me to it!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I understand that totally but, his gate is labored. I don't care about that play. Did you see how bad he got beat to the outside in the AZ game? That back runs in the 4.5s and jaylon didn't have a chance.
Yeah I agree he's got a problem with the leg. There's no denying that. But I also know the coaches see it as well.