Video: Jaylon moves like he is over 60 around the 8 min mark

Praxit

Reaction score
I understand that totally but, his gate is labored. I don't care about that play. Did you see how bad he got beat to the outside in the AZ game? That back runs in the 4.5s and jaylon didn't have a chance.
...I dont think any LB could have made a play in that particular moment. It was a good play from AZ standpoint.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I love me some Jaylon but the staff has to see what we see. It was almost painful to watch.

Jaylon moves like he is over 60. :(

He made alot of tackles last year but it was 4,5,6 yards off the ball. He did a lot of catching instead of delivering the hit.

Looks like Jaylon found all the weight that Zeke lost...:laugh:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL.

By the way, this whole defense run to the end zone to pose for the camera after a turnover has got to die. It's pretty stupid and most teams do it.

Yeah .. There should be like a 20 yard rule. I don't mind it if it's close to the goal line either direction. But if you gotta run 40 yards to celebrate then maybe you would be better served conserving that energy for later in the game. Especially the big fat guys that need oxygen for 10 minutes after running that far.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Unreal. We literally have a physically handicapped person playing MLB for us and no one in the front office seems to care.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Unreal. We literally have a physically handicapped person playing MLB for us and no one in the front office seems to care.

Agreed. And thats the sad part. Smith is legitimately physically compromised by whatever is going on with that leg. He looks worse than summer of 2017 when he first came back noticeably dragging that leg. It's tough to watch.

It's basically a Jerry/Stephen call at this point due to the $$ and cap ramifications. Jaylon is essentially LB #4 on the depth chart with Jabril Cox on the rise right behind him. And he doesn't have any STs value either....

stiletto

Reaction score

They have to know... they can't be that stupid. They just think all the fans and everyone outside won't care because Jaylon is "such a good story". Truth is it is opposite. Fans want guys that can actually help win. Feeling good is for the Special Olympics...just sayin'....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I love me some Jaylon but the staff has to see what we see. It was almost painful to watch.

Jaylon moves like he is over 60. :(

He made alot of tackles last year but it was 4,5,6 yards off the ball. He did a lot of catching instead of delivering the hit.

Yes. But he talkes like he is 21.
And in DC thats all it takes to make the roster and JJ happy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good, I am tired of hearing "it's a young man's game". Need some fellow codgers out there. Was he too slow or did he just forget where he was going on the way to get there?

Big_D

Reaction score
I still think taking the chance on him was worth the draft pick. I'll never understand the big contract extension though.

not me at 34 when they needed immediate help. Later on in the draft, fine! But reclamation projects like this, there’s no time for it. Not with a high second round pick. They didn’t even know if he’d ever play again at that point. The extension just compounded the problem.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
not me at 34 when they needed immediate help. Later on in the draft, fine! But reclamation projects like this, there’s no time for it. Not with a high second round pick. They didn’t even know if he’d ever play again at that point. The extension just compounded the problem.
I just thought the upside would have been tremendous if it had worked out. I don't blame Jerry for the universe being screwed up, and things not working out for the kid. I kind of admired the faith of the Jones family in that instance.

CWR

Reaction score
8 min mark? I'm not seeing it. Is this a test to see if people actually watch the video? I see #9 but the play is on the other side of the field so it wasn't his play.

I'm all for criticizing Jaylon, but no I didn't see it either. I saw a play he wasn't involved in. That's not to say maybe he shouldn't have moved faster, but of all the flaws harped on here this one wasn't as damning imo. Now if he wants to repost the video of Jaylon hitting the sled I'm all in. That was embarrassing as hell.

Flamma

Reaction score
...I dont think any LB could have made a play in that particular moment. It was a good play from AZ standpoint.

I don't know about that. There was nothing tricky about that play. Both the QB and the RB went in the same direction. It's a basic high school play. Most of preseason is basic stuff. All the LB has to do is move to his left and keep up with the RB. It's done all of the time. Jaylon was just slow to react and very slow in pursuit. I would think most LBs wouldn't have a problem. The RB doesn't have the advantage here. Or else all teams would have to do is roll out swing passes all game.