Twitter: Jaylon needs to be cut

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poe gets washed but literally everyone else does their job besides Jaylon....if Jaylon just covers his gap it’s a tackle for 2 years. He has one job and can’t do it

But his play is inspiring many to put the pads back on and give football another shot.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
Dude is like a lost puppy.
This isn't new he been doing this for awhile now. I've said this before he has no football IQ
He's freelancing. How no one get in his face is unbelievable no coach , No players.
As a fan base we see it ! Are you telling me no coach or player is seeing what we the fans are seeing?
This is how you know that the players are right about this coaches. Bad Players with bad coaching what could go wrong

RoboQB

Reaction score
I’ve missed a few but have watched every game.

More specifically, no I haven’t watched every snap with the intent of analyzing Jaylon. From a broadcast perspective on television I don’t even think this is possible because you don’t have a wide enough of an angle to see what is going on for every snap of every play during the game. Football isn’t basketball where as a fan watching a game you can literally breakdown the specific successes and mistakes of individual players on every possession. The camera angle doesn’t allow that.

The broadcast shows the OL and LBs at the start of every play.
Buy a bigger TV and stop watching the ball on every play.
You'll learn a lot.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
The broadcast shows the OL and LBs at the start of every play.
Buy a bigger TV and stop watching the ball on every play.
You'll learn a lot.
Lol uh huh..

You see the linebackers at the start of plays and then they can drift out of the screen depending on what’s going on. I don’t care how big your tv is lmao.

once again, it’s NOT basketball you’re watching lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lol uh huh..

You see the linebackers at the start of plays and then they can drift out of the screen depending on what’s going on. I don’t care how big your tv is lmao.

once again, it’s NOT basketball you’re watching lol

Run plays, screen plays, short passes... yes.
Obviously, you just watch the ball. Most do.
Try to focus on the trenches next week.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's been doing this since college. I mentioned this stuff all the way back in the draft zone about him.

He gets easily faked out, he's just not a smart player. I'd much rather have intelligent linebackers than stupid athletic ones.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Jaylon is such an athletic freak its a real shame how week after week we see the same errors. I just can't take it anymore. God I miss Sean Lee, Anthony Hitchens, Bradie James, Dat Nguyen, Dexter Coakley, Randall Godfrey, Ken Norton Jr, Dixon Edwards, Darrin Smith. It makes me even miss the mid-80s - Eugene Lockhart, Jeff Rohrer.
That's a really good list of LB's minus Bradie James and Dixon Edwards.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I've asked before. Even if he didn't have that knee injury in college and we picked him instead of Zeke, he would have been a bust, right? Some of the mind numbingly stupid things he does aren't because of his knee. He didn't all of a sudden lose his football iq because of his drop foot.

It happens, top 5 players can be busts. He would have been another.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I've asked before. Even if he didn't have that knee injury in college and we picked him instead of Zeke, he would have been a bust, right? Some of the mind numbingly stupid things he does aren't because of his knee. He didn't all of a sudden lose his football iq because of his drop foot.

It happens, top 5 players can be busts. He would have been another.
If he didn’t get injured he would have went 3rd after the quarterbacks. Word is he would have dominated the combine. Shoot he has drop foot and is still a great athlete.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
As much as we’d like to think it’s a meritocracy, it isn’t. They paid Jaylon big-time dollars to play. They’re going to give him every last opportunity to flat-out fail before they bench him and trot out Thomas, Gifford, or Bennard to replace him.

This is a similar case to Mo Claiborne while he was here. Mo for the vast majority of his time here was a barely passable NFL-starting caliber CB, but he was afforded the benefit of being the #6 overall pick. The Cowboys were invested trying to see him succeed.

That’s the problem right there. They should be more invested in winning then worrying about guys they made a mistake on and playing them hoping they prove them right.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we were to dump Jaylon, then I might believe Jerry is actually serious about winning.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
JSmith leads the NFL in tackles. Per ESPN/NFL stats.
Have you ever focused on him during the games? You cannot have possibly watched him during the games. I will be beyond shocked if he is in the NFL 2 years from now. He does things on a down in and down out basis that a LBer should not do at ANY level....let alone the NFL. Nothing he does is a good character trait of a LBer.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Why would you release a LB who leads the NFL in tackles?

Because not all tackles are created equal. Ideally once your LB makes contact, the player goes down. Jaylon has a habit of being dragged a few yards because he jumps on players. He also likes to get in on tackles where players are already going down. His numbers mean nothing. Empty calories.