Jaylon Smith (15 plays)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a lot of time spent in one area.....as the old folks say....."May want to get out more.", because there's a heap of film to go around with the same attention. Just sayin'.

Feel free to present that ‘heap of film’ like this one on Jaylon has been, if it in fact exists.

kskboys

Reaction score
At a minimum.

They were two to three years behind while they paid Crawford close to $10 million a year.
Took him 2-3 years to see that the OL was falling apart back in 09. Not sure he ever really noticed the decline in the DLine.

The Natural

Reaction score
Given the fact Jaylon is your chosen forum profile picture, I can see how you’re being totally objective and unbiased about the subject.
My avi is trolling, try again. Just waiting for a good pic of Diggs in his new uni to surface.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jaylon puts on a football clinic.

he is physically not there and he doesn't compensate by studying film. he still thinks he is athletic and he is not....if he is guessing wrong and is in the wrong place most of the time, that's because he doesn't study film and doesn't know the opponent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He looks like he's tip toeing around when he runs. Looks like a ballerina moving her feet fast while standing on her toe.
his left foot is obviously not all there. he lifts his knee to run and he can't get any push off his foot. that's why he runs like a ballerina. I saw this in preseason game and you can clearly see he can't run. his running is very very very choppy. has no accelration and can't get any power pushing off of it. the tell tale signs have been there. that's why he drops so deep in his coverage because he knows he can't change direction and keep up, so he keeps things in front of him...he is going to be faded out very soon and get even less than 15 snaps...we will see more of Cox when coaching staff feels a little more comfortable with him and comes to grips with Jaylon is liability 100% of the time and Cox maybe only 50% of the time.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Very much JAG level stuff right there. Honestly though it is some of the best tape he has put out there. Usually he is flat out unwatchable. Why he insists on "taking on the block" is beyond me. He gets dummied by anyone who gets their hands on him. At least try to sneak around the blocker or something. He plays like he is a powerful man but he is so very weak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love your new Avatar. But yeah, I don’t like knocking our own players either and don’t normally do it. Maybe Quinn will try and use him on some blitz packages to see how he does.
There comes a time when the evidence is right in front of your face.

Dak has the numbers and LOOKS like a competent QB, even if he doesn't have the team WIN stat.

Jaylon doesn't LOOK like an NFL Lber, let alone a dominant one.

We can note it, and hope for the best.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where are all those Jaylon fans?

Anybody else think of Bill Buckner as the football rolled
between his legs on that fumble?...

I wouldn't be too hard on "those Jaylon fans".

1st off....when you wear the Star, fans become fans. We (are supposed to) cheer them on.

2nd....he certainly seemed fairly competent in NCAA. When he came back it sure WAS a feel good story. Remarkable.

But then..something happened. the progress not only came to a screeching halt but seemed to regress.

Rubbing it in "their" faces seems unbecoming.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not gonna knock one of our players.....just hope Quinn can make a difference in his career..

You consider it a "knock" to constructively critique one of our star players?

I "knocked" zeke last year for some fumbling. I'm one of his biggest fans and am DESPERATELY hoping and praying for a big game....but..... I was just being honest with it.

There indeed seems to be some real problem there. He's getting manhandled and looks completely awkward. He got thrown down like a rag doll one handed by #68 on that fumble. Then appeared to apologize to him....lol...I kid there.

Something is wrong man let's face it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You consider it a "knock" to constructively critique one of our star players?

I "knocked" zeke last year for some fumbling. I'm one of his biggest fans and am DESPERATELY hoping and praying for a big game....but..... I was just being honest with it.

There indeed seems to be some real problem there. He's getting manhandled and looks completely awkward. He got thrown down like a rag doll one handed by #68 on that fumble. Then appeared to apologize to him....lol...I kid there.

Something is wrong man let's face it.
I can't change a thing with this team, so I'm not wasting my timing worrying about it. Life's too short and most of us have real life problems......that's my attitude. I just watch and hope for the best.

I've matured enough to get past these issues that are trivial in my life. Salud.

I will admit that haters, tankers and trolls piss me off.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't change a thing with this team, so I'm not wasting my timing worrying about it. Life's too short and most of us have real life problems......that's my attitude. I just watch and hope for the best.

I've matured enough to get past these issues that are trivial in my life. Salud.

That's consistently inconsistent. You claim you 'won't waste time worrying about it', but then spend an inordinate amount of time defending all things Cowboys in the process.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
his left foot is obviously not all there. he lifts his knee to run and he can't get any push off his foot. that's why he runs like a ballerina. I saw this in preseason game and you can clearly see he can't run. his running is very very very choppy. has no accelration and can't get any power pushing off of it. the tell tale signs have been there. that's why he drops so deep in his coverage because he knows he can't change direction and keep up, so he keeps things in front of him...he is going to be faded out very soon and get even less than 15 snaps...we will see more of Cox when coaching staff feels a little more comfortable with him and comes to grips with Jaylon is liability 100% of the time and Cox maybe only 50% of the time.

I would agree.

He’s constantly pumping his legs in place to keep them activated/in motion because I don’t think his foot allows him to explode flat-footed or on his toes. He didn’t do that in college.

That speaks to his physical limitations but I would also strongly argue he doesn’t have good football acumen. I think he simply got away with being a 98th percentile athlete in high school and college prior to his injury.

His injury normalizes him as an athlete in the NFL, and he doesn’t have the instincts to make up for it.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I posted this link a couple of seasons ago on a run play against the Vikings where Jaylon gets easily washed out of a play because he's standing straight up almost skating. To me this is Jaylon in a nutshell.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's consistently inconsistent. You claim you 'won't waste time worrying about it', but then spend an inordinate amount of time defending all things Cowboys in the process.
Sthu.....I hate idiot fans

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So what are we here for then? Assessing players should be part of it. Both the good and not so good.

Now....if yer blaming only Dak for losses....then I get you sir.