Jaylon Smith (15 plays)

plasticman

Reaction score
You can’t defend that with a straight face. NO WAY.
I'm not defending Jaylon, I'm just saying let's get a fair body of work in this season before we judge.

The Cowboys will eventually get their D-line starters trickling back in. they should at least have Gregory and Gallimore by game #6, we can revisit this then.

Remember....three different defensive coordinators in the last three seasons. I believe this defense could improve as the season progresses, perhaps that includes Jaylon.

doomsday808

Reaction score
$68,421,000 contract
a $5,000,000 signing bonus
$35,406,678 guaranteed
an average annual salary of $11,403,500.
In 2021, a base salary of $7,200,000

I would be celebrating, swiping, and dancing around like a fool too!

Cebrin

Reaction score
Jaylimp. I feel for the guy. The talent was there, but it is what it is. The fact that they held on to him this year worries me. Whether evaluation, or fear of depth. As bad as Brown was this last game, the LB core was abysmal.

I'd like to reserve my opinions on Parsons. Nevertheless, it may be the weakest spot on our D right now. (Oh wait....the line is now getting injuries. Yikes.)

Cmac

Reaction score
oh look another jaylon thread
We have our 2021 Fall Guys, after one game....Jaylon & Zeke leading the pack again. DLaw running close.....who's next up? Anthony Brown up too, but he'll fade. As for coaches.....Fassel (ST) noise is relatively quiet and KMoore "untouchable".

Cmac

Reaction score
That's a lot of time spent in one area.....as the old folks say....."May want to get out more.", because there's a heap of film to go around with the same attention. Just sayin'.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
If Rockport is the original post its time to open the gate to the pasture.:(

CWR

Reaction score
He should shut up already. Constantly trying to hype himself as if he deserves it. That is why fans are so hard on him. If you're struggling you don't go bragging to the world about how you're Jordan or dominant or whatever else. Just shut up and try to get better.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
With Lawrence and Gregory missing at OLB, Quinn should send 9 and 11 screaming off the edge past the tall tackles and into the quarterback!! 9/11 crush them towers baby :hammer:

That was an *** thing to say in an attempt at humor seeing as how we just had the 20 year Anniversary of nearly 3,000 Americans having been murdered.

Gaede

Reaction score
Smith is bad, we all know this. But where's the play by play of LVE plodding around?!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Part of the D-Line is to keep the LB’s clean to make tackles. Sometimes they DO need to shed blocks and make tackles. The offense linemen are getting to the second level. When ours do that is when Elliot makes big runs. Jaylon needs to do better but I can’t put all that on him. A 300+ lineman on a LB.

There is some truth to that. But Jaylon struggles in other key areas. He takes way too long to read the direction of the plays and bites hard on play action leaving him out of position for screens or passes to the TE. He guesses sometimes shooting the wrong running lanes and when he is engaged by a blocker even a smaller one he gets pushed out of the play with ease. And I’ve never seen any NFLer chase ghost ball carriers like Jaylon. He completely lacks the instincts and physicality of what you would expect in a MLBer. Nothing personal against him it is what it is.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I know Jaylon is everyone's favorite player..... to rag on, but nothing too glaringly bad or spectacular there. It is funny he called his performance dominant though.