Jaylon Smith 3rd in tackles among all linebackers in NFL

RoboQB

Reaction score
Since it's apparently all about the stats and never trust your lying eyes..
Just want to give a shout out to the 3rd greatest RB of all-time, Frank Gore.

Congrats to the "Peg Leg Tackles Stat Pirate", Jaylon Smith.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At some point you have to have veteran players on your team, can't replace every player that isn't lighting up the league every year. Lee is not really effective anymore, LVE has had injury problems. The others haven't been able to push Smith or even Lee off the field, so how good are they? Then there's the money aspect.

Maybe Smith isn't Lee Roy Jordan or Chuck Howley or such, but somebody has to play the position...
I understand but I don't see any linebackers on this team playing much better if at all than Jaylon. Others have had their chances. He'd never get benched of course but its not like the guys around him are any better.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I understand but I don't see any linebackers on this team playing much better if at all than Jaylon. Others have had their chances. He'd never get benched of course but its not like the guys around him are any better.

So you could say he’s the best of the worst?

Awesome for you and Jaylon, I guess, but I’d prefer to replace the entire LB corp.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We say this....but he’s grading out as our best linebacker on the team...better than LVE and Sean Lee......

If Jaylon went about his business, without being demonstrative, they would still find fault. Some of the resentment for the players is deep seeded beyond the football field. Money, houses, influence, background, love life, etc.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jaylon gets no love from these fans. But they are known for not appreciating players that contribute.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Awesome for you and Jaylon, I guess, but I’d prefer to replace the entire LB corp.

Why is it the only time certain fans say, get rid of them all; Is after Jaylon is berated, and LVE and Lee's contributions are brought into question?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Why is it the only time certain fans say, get rid of them all; Is after Jaylon is berated, and LVE and Lee's contributions are brought into question?

I’ve been saying that IMO, LVE is this close to being a first round bust (his rookie season aside).

He either brings it next year, or I say he is a bust, if it’s just gonna be more of the same.

Again, IMO, the entire LB corp is less than stellar.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You’re missing my point. It’s not “awesome”. What I’m saying is linebacker play all over the league is poor. Especially on this team. You can’t expect good linebacker play with bad defensive tackle play. It doesn’t work that way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Jaylon went about his business, without being demonstrative, they would still find fault. Some of the resentment for the players is deep seeded beyond the football field. Money, houses, influence, background, love life, etc.
I know it is. Jealousy. I hate how much these guys make is public. I wish it was private that way people can just gauge a guy based on what he plays like.

Kaiser

Reaction score

If you have a big dropoff in one from Sean Lee, who could take his pick of any LB coach job he wants next year, and age 24 LVE and age 25 Jaylon Smith who are both two years out of a Pro Bowl - doesn't that point straight at the coaching staff?

Kaiser

Reaction score

Totally agree. If Jaylon was underpaid and camera shy all these posts would be "what have the coaches done to poor Jaylon".

It wouldn't be these posts that Jaylon should be cut and no other team would ever take him off waivers.

Loso86

Reaction score
Guess I'll never understand how making a freaking tackle is padding stats......oh well. Oh and once again we consistently bash our own players on here 90% of the time. Win or lose lol