Video: Jaylon Smith at practice yesterday

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Broaddus and Mickey Spag both seemed to think his participation is overblown on todays Talkin' Cowboys. They both said he's not doing as much as people think, he's still limited, and neither are sure he'll start the season on the active roster, despite what Jerry and Stephan say....was sort of a downer. I'm hoping they're wrong, but both of them saying it isn't a good sign.

d_dub88

Reaction score
Broaddus and Mickey Spag both seemed to think his participation is overblown on todays Talkin' Cowboys. They both said he's not doing as much as people think, he's still limited, and neither are sure he'll start the season on the active roster, despite what Jerry and Stephan say....was sort of a downer. I'm hoping they're wrong, but both of them saying it isn't a good sign.
Hopefully this is just a build up to TC. If he's not with the starters and/or able to practice fully with the starters, after say the 2nd PS game, we may be waiting to see him midseason. I actually think he's on a mission to start against the Giants.

Sepia

Reaction score

They're skeptical by nature, IMO. They don't get to interview Dr. Cooper, or even see Jaylon practice yet, so they are just guessing right now. I think most people will be skeptical as long as the drop foot persists until they see something different in training camp/the preseason.

UTmodisette

Reaction score
They're skeptical by nature, IMO. They don't get to interview Dr. Cooper, or even see Jaylon practice yet, so they are just guessing right now. I think most people will be skeptical as long as the drop foot persists until they see something different in training camp/the preseason.
I believe the thought from most skeptical media people is that the front office and coaches are hiding Jaylon Smith on days with media access because he's not close to being ready. I think Stephen and Jerry, as well as Jaylon Smith have been so confident about his availability in the season that it appears to the media as overcompensating. I disagree with that stance, but I also understand it when the media gets Jaylon Smith questions everyday from fans, and they have nothing new to report.

mugsybows

Reaction score
i think local media has taken the stance that until they see him contribute in a game they are not getting their hopes up. Also think if he was doing that stuff with the boot off they'd be more skeptical. To me, broaddus has always been sort of pessimistic and Mickey is Mickey. I personally tend to tune out anything Mickey says. He's more of a mascot than analyst to me. To me it's promising. I hope for the best.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

What would his doctor say at this point that would make much of a difference?

"I know it's been almost 18 months now, but eventually the nerve is going to just magically start working as though the injury never occurred".

Careers are not indefinite, therefore recovery times cannot be indefinite.

Healed or not it looks like he can take the field. It's not like he has to beat out some stud LB. Hell, I'm not sure I can even name the guy who would start ahead of him at this point.

sideon

Reaction score
That first sentence disqualified the rest of the paragraph:laugh:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

They have even put the pads on yet. The guy is coming off a serious injury, CBoy's aren't gonna go full throttle now. No need to. When training camp comes, then well know what he can or can't do.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He’ll be more advanced than a rookie due to his year of studying the scheme off the field, but it’s still going to take him time to acclimate to the pros on the field. We're as anxious as the coaches are to see what this kid can do.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Broaddus has never liked the Smith pick because they chose him over his pet cat and Mickey just has an ego as big as Bryan's belly.

From listening to it, it sounded like Mickey talked to someone who said something but neither of those two have seen him practice. From the sounds of it though Smith is not participating in all of practice but who knows with that half-assed hearsay Spagnola gave us.

I did find it amusing that they are acting like Hitchens is the entrenched starter because of how they are lining up on Wednesdays during OTAs.

We might get to know something for minicamp but most likely we won't know what is what until TC. 6 weeks or so from now.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, nobody has a clue, it will be resolved in a month or so. All we can do is hope for the best.

Spags also said QC was the real deal too. that's how long ago I lost faith in him.

I don't really believe BB because he has too many pet cats.

CashMan

Reaction score
You can tell by the video, he is still favoring the leg.

risco

Reaction score

Hmmm- I wish the very best for him, but it seems his left steps are off a bit.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Mickey can be a Negative Nancy so I'm with everyone else, I don't really pay too much attention to what he says. But I agreed with Broaddus and still do, I didn't like the pick. I don't expect a whole lot from him but at least he's doing something even if it's limited.