Video: Jaylon Smith at practice yesterday

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Broaddus and Mickey Spag both seemed to think his participation is overblown on todays Talkin' Cowboys. They both said he's not doing as much as people think, he's still limited, and neither are sure he'll start the season on the active roster, despite what Jerry and Stephan say....was sort of a downer. I'm hoping they're wrong, but both of them saying it isn't a good sign.
HURRICANE MICK

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I have no idea if he's going to be ready to play this year or not.

But from that video, I don't discern anything that would tell me it's impossible or improbable. Just my opinion but I think some who watch these videos are doing so with a preconceived idea and are finding things wrong with Smith that aren't quite there.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I moved that fast.

Agreed...He may or may not have drop foot...but if I was moving that fast I would have a case of drop butt as I would be sitting on the ground on my butt while trying to find my inhaler lol.

However i will say this...when it comes to cowboys players, injuries and the Jones family or coaching staff saying a specific time period for a player to be injured...I have learned to expect them to be on the sidelines longer than what the FO and Coaches tell people.

risco

Reaction score
I am no kinesiologist so can you be more specific? Did you watch in slo mo? To me I just see a guy moving around well.
Well, neither am I, but check the movement at time :38. It just seems the move is a little un-natural. Also even from the very beginning- left leg is dragging a little. Just my observation- I could definitely be wrong as I hope.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You can still favor a leg if it has a brace on it. He doesn't look to be cutting too much. Watch the beginning of the video.

I did watch it. He doesn't appear limping to me. He appears to have an uneven gait. Dropfoot doesn't make you limp, btw. It makes you walk knee high or swing. Not limp. He has the brace on anyway.

Sepia

Reaction score
We get to see him at practice today.

Well, the media does.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Watched the vid, I saw nothing favoring his leg. The guy was running full ahead, left to right, no hesitation from what I saw. Don't know why some here are saying he will be on the i.r. to start the season. We have around a month and half for start of training camp.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think it's out of the question to believe that the staff is erring on the side of caution right now to avoid any sort of a setback with Jaylon. The time isn't right just yet to risk re-injury when not much is riding upon validating one's abilities and performances. That time will come during camp.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Busts happen with perfectly healthy high draft picks, too.

I don't believe it with any rookie until I see it on the field.

The kid has a great attitude though.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Broaddus and Mickey Spag both seemed to think his participation is overblown on todays Talkin' Cowboys. They both said he's not doing as much as people think, he's still limited, and neither are sure he'll start the season on the active roster, despite what Jerry and Stephan say....was sort of a downer. I'm hoping they're wrong, but both of them saying it isn't a good sign.
More than likely, they're right. The Jaylon and Rico Gathers stuff is all WAY overblown.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed...He may or may not have drop foot...but if I was moving that fast I would have a case of drop butt as I would be sitting on the ground on my butt while trying to find my inhaler lol.

However i will say this...when it comes to cowboys players, injuries and the Jones family or coaching staff saying a specific time period for a player to be injured...I have learned to expect them to be on the sidelines longer than what the FO and Coaches tell people.

Yes it has been that way for years...we had 2 years of it with Spencer....we will get the usual...day to day...come July 24...
Not so much about Jaylon but I bet about others too, like Hanna, Swaim...