Twitter: Jaylon Smith Can Bowl Again

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is why I think drafting a linebacker in the first round isn't justified. We need depth, players who can step in if needed, but Lee and Smith should be the starters. If not, then we blew the second-round pick we spent on Smith.

We could draft a linebacker to play on the strong side ahead of Wilson, but a first-rounder would be a huge investment in that position. I'm for drafting several depth LBs in the middle rounds.

As crazy as this sounds......my wanting to draft a linebacker isn't because of Jaylon Smith. Sure there's a uncertainty there but reasoning is more so for Sean Lee. This team shouldn't be reliant on him to play 16 games a year because he won't. So factor in Lee's body and even Jaylon's......linebacker is a high need for me. I'm blindly putting my faith in Jaylon being ready this year. But can I do the same for Sean Lee's health?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is why I think drafting a linebacker in the first round isn't justified. We need depth, players who can step in if needed, but Lee and Smith should be the starters. If not, then we blew the second-round pick we spent on Smith.

We could draft a linebacker to play on the strong side ahead of Wilson, but a first-rounder would be a huge investment in that position. I'm for drafting several depth LBs in the middle rounds.
I think the only LB the Cowboys would take at 19 is Roquan Smith. That would be all about what kind of talent he is along with Lee not having a ton of years left. But not likely he would be there anyway.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nerve is regenerating. Takes a while when it a centimeter at a time. Hopefully he will be a full go and can move better. If he pans out then we have a good one. If he gets no better we have a average LB. another year in the system and moving around learning on his feet will bring improvement. How much though?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is why I think drafting a linebacker in the first round isn't justified. We need depth, players who can step in if needed

This is what someone satisfied with a 9-7 and a playoff miss would be saying.

First, we may not have a strongside LBer. And second, the two players you are claiming should be starters are not exactly reliable and/or have a very short shelf life to come.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:clap::thumbup::bow:

cern

Reaction score
His weight was on his right leg, not his left.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
His weight was on his right leg, not his left.
TintedGleamingFireant-max-1mb.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
So he can play MLB for us, but wasn't cleared to bowl until now?? :huh:

conner01

Reaction score

We could draft a player for the strong side who can eventually replace lee
But I’m not convinced right now LB is gonna be the position where the best talent will be at 19

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Nerve is regenerating. Takes a while when it a centimeter at a time. Hopefully he will be a full go and can move better. If he pans out then we have a good one. If he gets no better we have a average LB. another year in the system and moving around learning on his feet will bring improvement. How much though?

Unfortunately Not enough to warrant the 34th pick in draft.