Jaylon Smith doing drills without his brace

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Proof

Reaction score
So he showed little common sense and didn't tape it or use the brace and what will all of the gimpy lovers say when all of a sudden he injures that ankle because of not using common sense. Lets see the high 2nd round pick that didn't play a down his rookie year, played his second but not anywhere close to his draft status, then could miss even more games his 3rd season making that high 2nd round pick look even more foolish if that injury happens. Ya not so bright to not protect that ankle.

yuck.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
He WOULD have been doing that much sooner,had they not have played him so soon and often. Firmly disagreed with that decision,still do,and will remain so.

DiResta

Reaction score
really hopeful he can take it up to a high level
no brace at all means hes cleared to workout without it btw @gjkoeppen what a terrible post
while people keep talking **** the guy just keeps working
he will never suit up again he will never step on the field he will never start he will never be good
hes still plenty young enough that if hes able to play at a high level like we should all hope since Dallas desperately needs help
he could play 10 years meaning 5 or 6 more at min which would be great
he could play longer than that who knows
im optimistic he will just keep getting better and the more time he spends around Lee the better and he knows that

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
really hopeful he can take it up to a high level
no brace at all means hes cleared to workout without it btw @gjkoeppen what a terrible post
while people keep talking **** the guy just keeps working
he will never suit up again he will never step on the field he will never start he will never be good
hes still plenty young enough that if hes able to play at a high level like we should all hope since Dallas desperately needs help
he could play 10 years meaning 5 or 6 more at min which would be great
he could play longer than that who knows
im optimistic he will just keep getting better and the more time he spends around Lee the better and he knows that

What you said about gimpy eventually getting to that playing level and playing 5 or 6 more years could be true and it's also the definition of a project player and teams don't waste high 2nd picks on projects, that's what rounds 6 and 7 are for. High 2nd round picks are to start producing starting day 1 if not starting not slowly working into possibly starting (only because a good LB left the team) in his 3rd season. I have nothing against Smith personally and I do agree he has a great work ethic, but my complaint with him is being a project player taken with a high 2nd round pick when there were healthy players that would have been helping and producing the past 2 seasons.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't mean much. Spotrac has been wrong often and while he was paid he was on the NFI list and not IR for the season. The CBA is not cut and dry but from the best I could tell its up to the club whether or not he gets a year of service time in that case. There have been no announcements.

Actually, it is cut and dried. The rules are clearly spelled out. The confusion was that the cowboys paid Jaylon his full rookie base salary, but that did not effect his accrued seasons, apparently. So, he'll be a RFA instead of a UFA after 2019.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So he showed little common sense and didn't tape it or use the brace and what will all of the gimpy lovers say when all of a sudden he injures that ankle because of not using common sense. Lets see the high 2nd round pick that didn't play a down his rookie year, played his second but not anywhere close to his draft status, then could miss even more games his 3rd season making that high 2nd round pick look even more foolish if that injury happens. Ya not so bright to not protect that ankle.

1. You’re not Jaylon’s Doctor. So you have no idea if his ankle is more susceptible to injury or not, without being taped.

2. Calling a player who suffered a major career threatening injury and who is fighting as hard as he can to come back from it “gimpy” is pretty disgusting behavior on your part.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
You have n
What you said about gimpy eventually getting to that playing level and playing 5 or 6 more years could be true and it's also the definition of a project player and teams don't waste high 2nd picks on projects, that's what rounds 6 and 7 are for. High 2nd round picks are to start producing starting day 1 if not starting not slowly working into possibly starting (only because a good LB left the team) in his 3rd season. I have nothing against Smith personally and I do agree he has a great work ethic, but my complaint with him is being a project player taken with a high 2nd round pick when there were healthy players that would have been helping and producing the past 2 seasons.
You have nothing against Jaylon but call him "gimpy". Classy! It's people like you that I sometimes wish suffer a major injury and see how well you get through it!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand the jaylon hate. I do understand why some folks don't want to pencil him in as a starter. He's got to earn that spot. IMO, we need a LB in this draft regardless of Jaylons current conditioning.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
1. You’re not Jaylon’s Doctor. So you have no idea if his ankle is more susceptible to injury or not, without being taped.

2. Calling a player who suffered a major career threatening injury and who is fighting as hard as he can to come back from it “gimpy” is pretty disgusting behavior on your part.

And all the names used for Jones and Garrett are just though. Had friend years ago that had an accident and his hand went through a glass window and severed some nerves. This was before they have the advancements they have today and his right hand and lower arm didn't move anymore so many that knew him started calling him lefty because he had to learn to do everything left handed. One day he stopped in for a beer and someone said hi lefty and he said hi and then another person that didn't know any of us said something similar to you and one of the guys said if you don't like that name ask him what his name is and call him by that name. He did and lefty said his name was lefty. Now I don't know Smith but if you're so offended by me calling him gimpy (not the only one on this board to call him that) that just read on past.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And all the names used for Jones and Garrett are just though. Had friend years ago that had an accident and his hand went through a glass window and severed some nerves. This was before they have the advancements they have today and his right hand and lower arm didn't move anymore so many that knew him started calling him lefty because he had to learn to do everything left handed. One day he stopped in for a beer and someone said hi lefty and he said hi and then another person that didn't know any of us said something similar to you and one of the guys said if you don't like that name ask him what his name is and call him by that name. He did and lefty said his name was lefty. Now I don't know Smith but if you're so offended by me calling him gimpy (not the only one on this board to call him that) that just read on past.

Your story is meaningless because you’re not jaylons friend.

I highly doubt you would call him gimpy to his face either.

I’m not really offended. Just pointing out it’s stupid and disgusting to call him that. If your own behavior being called out offends you, then that’s on you buddy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Actually, it is cut and dried. The rules are clearly spelled out. The confusion was that the cowboys paid Jaylon his full rookie base salary, but that did not effect his accrued seasons, apparently. So, he'll be a RFA instead of a UFA after 2019.

I've read the CBA and it is up to the club. If the club declined to or not to grant him service time then great but I do not recall a report of that.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

:laugh: This is not medieval europe where being left handed was associated with demon worship. Lefty is a widely used nickname particularly in sport and much endeared.

Gimp has a completely different connotation. Watch Pulp Fiction for more information.