Jaylon Smith doing drills without his brace

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Now if he can learn how to read an Offense and dont run in the wrong direction that would be awesome.

Honestly i was more disappointed in the tactical part of being a LB than the athletic part about him last season.

He looked out of place 90% of the time.

Agreed.

I'm optimistically chalking some of that up to being away from field action for a year and the newness of coming back from injury.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The proof will be in the pudding. It will only take a few games to see where he is at physically. The next big "if" is the decision making skills. Can he be at the right place at the right time? 6 games at the most. Honestly I hope we get at least one good LB in the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nice photo op. Now ..CAN HE PLAY AND PLAY LIKE THE ELITE LB WE DRAFTED? Its only a great story if he is an absolute beast on the field for a full schedule.Thats what I wanna see.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It's tough to read sometimes. My dad, grandpa, and great grandpa were all Cowboys fans. My son is now a fan as well. I hope I can teach him to respect others and their views, but not accept these types of personal attacks and ignorance. He loves J Smith and tries to work hard like he does.
It’s the anonymity that provides “these people” with the nerve to make these types of comments. In real life they are little ***sies. So I guess we have to let them have some way to feel better about themselves. As odd as that is.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ah no this is now his third season.

And he hasn’t shut up anybody. In fact he has done nothing but prove them right. Now I like the kid and hope for the best. But thought the first 2 years he’s been lackluster.
Right! He was last on the team in tackles.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wow the people on here that are saying he was horrible last year. This guy was away from the game for almost 2 full years came back and got better as the year went on. he was also thrown into the fire when Hitch went down when he should have been eased into the game again. Kid is going to have a monster year if he back to 100 percent. This is technically his 2nd year in the league. Playing I mean. Rookie LB don't normally do great things, look at Miles Jack in his first year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, and he would have it heavily taped as well. It's got to be really doing well if he's not even taping it. Some of the concern was that the muscles are weak and it's easy to roll that ankle.
thats why you remove a brace and the tape while in the offseason,, you want your muscles and tendons to strengthen..they wont do it with a brace and support on it..him training without one will further redevelop the natural strength and motion back in the ankle and foot..

John813

Reaction score
Good to see. Hopefully we are one step closer to that dream of seeing a 100% healthy Smith-Lee tandem out there.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Wow the people on here that are saying he was horrible last year. This guy was away from the game for almost 2 full years came back and got better as the year went on. he was also thrown into the fire when Hitch went down when he should have been eased into the game again. Kid is going to have a monster year if he back to 100 percent. This is technically his 2nd year in the league. Playing I mean. Rookie LB don't normally do great things, look at Miles Jack in his first year.
I think most of the posters on here want to see him do very well and be the beast he was in college. Make us all believers Mr. Smith.....pleasssse

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think most of the posters on here want to see him do very well and be the beast he was in college. Make us all believers Mr. Smith.....pleasssse
He will he essentially was a redshirt rookie playing after a year off, i saw a player that from his first game to his last improve and really it wasn't fair to expose him to that many snaps so early but Injurys forced him onto the field early..Be patient people this guy was thrown to the wolves last season and given all that , he played pretty well..

i expect he will be better this year just from the experience and going through full OTAs and TC Preseason where he can now focus on football more than his leg..

Sydla

Reaction score
I am curious to see what they actually do with him........ move him to SAM or leave him at MLB? Guess the draft could change the thinking as well.