Jaylon Smith doing drills without his brace

sjmike

Reaction score
Goes to show you the majority of folks that post in these treads. Or maybe they’re indicative of the young Cowboy fans. I wonder sometimes why they are fans of the Cowboys at all. Smh. Their constant negativity ruin this site.
I agree with you. I don't understand all the negativity. I know we haven't won anything for many years. I know we have Jerry Jones as an owner. I know we have Jason Garrett as a head coach. But I still choose to see the glass half full and think that we only need one or two breaks to get to the promised land.
Jaylon Smith is an incredible individual to overcome what he has. I am rooting for him bigtime. That goes for Randy Gregory, too. I know that his is self-inflicted but it appears that he has overcome his addiction so I am rooting for him, too, and choose to believe that he will be on the field for us week one.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree with you. I don't understand all the negativity. I know we haven't won anything for many years. I know we have Jerry Jones as an owner. I know we have Jason Garrett as a head coach. But I still choose to see the glass half full and think that we only need one or two breaks to get to the promised land.
Jaylon Smith is an incredible individual to overcome what he has. I am rooting for him bigtime. That goes for Randy Gregory, too. I know that his is self-inflicted but it appears that he has overcome his addiction so I am rooting for him, too, and choose to believe that he will be on the field for us week one.
Good post. Not many of us here are like that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Are they taped?

So he showed little common sense and didn't tape it or use the brace and what will all of the gimpy lovers say when all of a sudden he injures that ankle because of not using common sense. Lets see the high 2nd round pick that didn't play a down his rookie year, played his second but not anywhere close to his draft status, then could miss even more games his 3rd season making that high 2nd round pick look even more foolish if that injury happens. Ya not so bright to not protect that ankle.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Staubach 1964 / Round: 10 / Pick: 129 Big Difference
Agreed that Staubach pick was very different, but a player picked in any round that would not be available for 6 years would send many on this board into a frenzy, IMO. I mean, if you really think about it, there was a great chance that Staubach would never make it to the NFL, period. I'm just glad they picked him, fans be damned.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So he showed little common sense and didn't tape it or use the brace and what will all of the gimpy lovers say when all of a sudden he injures that ankle because of not using common sense. Lets see the high 2nd round pick that didn't play a down his rookie year, played his second but not anywhere close to his draft status, then could miss even more games his 3rd season making that high 2nd round pick look even more foolish if that injury happens. Ya not so bright to not protect that ankle.
I understand where you're coming from.

GenoT

Reaction score
No matter what the future holds for Jaylon Smith’s football career, this is one gung-ho, 100% committed young man.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I was wrong, we have a new most moronic post winner.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ah no this is now his third season.

And he hasn’t shut up anybody. In fact he has done nothing but prove them right. Now I like the kid and hope for the best. But thought the first 2 years he’s been lackluster.

Yeah, he was really "lackluster" that first year when he didn't play a down because of injury. For all practical purposes, 2017 was his rookie year and he was thrust into a bigger role early due to injury.

But for some folks, being "right" on a message board inhabited by strangers is what really matters. :muttley: