Jaylon Smith doing drills without his brace

waldoputty

Reaction score
And all the names used for Jones and Garrett are just though. Had friend years ago that had an accident and his hand went through a glass window and severed some nerves. This was before they have the advancements they have today and his right hand and lower arm didn't move anymore so many that knew him started calling him lefty because he had to learn to do everything left handed. One day he stopped in for a beer and someone said hi lefty and he said hi and then another person that didn't know any of us said something similar to you and one of the guys said if you don't like that name ask him what his name is and call him by that name. He did and lefty said his name was lefty. Now I don't know Smith but if you're so offended by me calling him gimpy (not the only one on this board to call him that) that just read on past.

are u an egals fan?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've read the CBA and it is up to the club. If the club declined to or not to grant him service time then great but I do not recall a report of that.

It is actually not up to the club. The reason there is a CBA is b/c these things are negotiated. No where in the CBA does it say such things are at the discretion of the club.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Spagnola: Bases Covered, Cowboys Will Have Pick Of Remaining Litter

Then linebacker. The case can be made the Cowboys need to take one in the first because the talent drops off after that. But consider this, because the need for a versatile linebacker capable of replacing the versatile Anthony Hitchens is based on the unknown surrounding Jaylon Smith. But over the past week I’ve had two people tell me that Smith is running much, much better right now than he did during last season. That he’s not needing to take those baby steps to get going or to reverse directions or to move the laterally he struggled with playing through his noticeable drop foot. They say his leg seems stronger, and he’s been out there running, doing drills without the aid of the brace he was wearing last year.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Loved the pick and love the person. Got tears watching the call from Jerry on draft day. We need him to be a beast this year. Our lb core outside of him and Lee is trash.

zerofill

Reaction score
Loved the pick and love the person. Got tears watching the call from Jerry on draft day. We need him to be a beast this year. Our lb core outside of him and Lee is trash.

I remember him saying he worked a lot with Lee... I think even Lee really wants him to be the one he hands the torch to. So I hope it works out that way, and Lee gives him every bit of knowledge he can.

DiResta

Reaction score
people worrying about the lack of instincts noise
dont

playing nfl football while limited like that its obvious he was hesitant often because he lacked mobility and change of direction
Dallas lost both starting linebackers! he was probably doing his best to not give up a big play and shouldnt have been forced into the workload to begin with

hes only 1 of 2 linebackers to ever win the Butkus award in both highschool and college, they dont give those to scrubs
he was compared to Derrick Brooks and Patrick Willis pre injury, those guys are pretty good i guess
he may have lost focus or shifted his priorities but he didnt lose the instincts that made him great
lets see how he looks healthy attacking and used aggressively

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It hasn't been 3 years. He missed his rookie season and had it a season later. If he's as good as he's suppose to be? It's worth it.

Sure, if. But this far, not so much. And even if he gets good it will only be two season worth.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It is actually not up to the club. The reason there is a CBA is b/c these things are negotiated. No where in the CBA does it say such things are at the discretion of the club.

You're right.

(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice Squad.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

I must've been thinking the last CBA.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
When he takes off the brace, he will be unleashed. Last season he was wearing his brace and not at full power.
tenor.gif