Video: Jaylon Smith Highlights - Chargers

ItzKelz

Reaction score

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Scotman

Reaction score
Definitely better. But, he's seems a second slow diagnosing the play. Both of the plays to the far sideline the offensive player is nearly full speed before Jaylon begins to accelerate. He seems fast enough to get there, but he gives up 3 or 4 extra yards. Or so it looks like to me. Granted, I may be witnessing nothing more than my own confirmation bias at this point. I've been pretty down on him. After 2018 I was expecting the kind of impact MP has had.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this was one of his “better” games.. I’m still not impressed.
He pretty much did the same thing last season after giving Nolan the boot....but Ill sip my tea not so quietly.....

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Definitely better. But, he's seems a second slow diagnosing the play. Both of the plays to the far sideline the offensive player is nearly full speed before Jaylon begins to accelerate. He seems fast enough to get there, but he gives up 3 or 4 extra yards. Or so it looks like to me. Granted, I may be witnessing nothing more than my own confirmation bias at this point. I've been pretty down on him. After 2018 I was expecting the kind of impact MP has had.
He made the tackles and prevented first downs. Jaylon played great and led the team in tackles.....again

Scotman

Reaction score
He made the tackles and prevented first downs. Jaylon played great and led the team in tackles.....again

It won't bother me one bit if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong about what I'm seeing.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
What's with the big celebration at around 1 minute when the ball is clearly behind the receiver? If that ball is on target I think the receiver drags Jaylon into the end zone. To be fair, he had one or two solid plays of the type that are pretty routine for a LB.
Jaylon was clearly there and in a position to make a play but I'll sip loudly

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jaylon was clearly there and in a position to make a play but I'll sip loudly
He made plays a mid round draft pick make. He is paid to make game changing plays. If every player on our team graded out like Jaylon did this game....we would win 5 - 6 games. You have to have elite performances from several players on the team to win...he is paid to have elite performances...he does not have them.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He made plays a mid round draft pick make. He is paid to make game changing plays. If every player on our team graded out like Jaylon did this game....we would win 5 - 6 games. You have to have elite performances from several players on the team to win...he is paid to have elite performances...he does not have them.
Thats funny cause Parson made those some of the same plays week 1 and in the preseason and we responded like he was the best thing ever

Knotamus

Reaction score
Quick question. Why is it that we want to see the old LVE but not the old Jaylon....you know the best young LB duo from a couple of years ago?

Personally, I want every Cowboy player to ball out and succeed. I have to believe as fans, most of us feel this way.

The difference between LVE and Jaylon, other than their salary, is..

LVE has been label injury prone, yet nothing physically is holding him back from becoming what we seen from him his rookie year other than progress and “want to”

Jaylon on the other hand..and it’s unfortunate, his prior injury has decimated his lower body power and speed. Two things that contribute to being a great LB. Add the fact that his decision making at times is baffling. Now I’m not sure if his decisions are based on knowing his own short comings, thus making business decisions.. but he’s far from the player he was in college. I should also add his ego is exhausting and he seemingly doesn’t recognize what many have.. he’s definitely not as good as he thinks he is.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Personally, I want every Cowboy player to ball out and succeed. I have to believe as fans, most of us feel this way.

The difference between LVE and Jaylon, other than their salary, is..

LVE has been label injury prone, yet nothing physically is holding him back from becoming what we seen from him his rookie year other than progress and “want to”

Jaylon on the other hand..and it’s unfortunate, his prior injury has decimated his lower body power and speed. Two things that contribute to being a great LB. Add the fact that his decision making at times is baffling. Now I’m not sure if his decision are based on knowing his own short comings, thus making business decisions.. but he’s far from the player he was in college. I should also add his ego is exhausting and he seemingly doesn’t recognize what many have.. he’s definitely not as good as he thinks he is.
Exactly. . . fans can see the effect the knee has on His Playing ability . . . its a major hindrance and because of that Most Fans have no faith in Him.

I on the other wish for Him to be a contributor but I would not proclaim with confidence that He will be.

Whereas with LVE the feeling is that He could once again play at a High Level but one significant injury to His neck could end his season or possibly His career

With Jaylon no one believes He is physically able to perform, that His body will not allow for him to . . . whereas with LVE his body will allow for him to compete but 1 wrong hit and he is back on the sidelines.

But the main difference is The Cowboys no longer have a commitment to LVE after this season unlike Jaylon . . . which causes all the Resentment