Video: Jaylon Smith Highlights - Chargers

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
He made no negative yardage plays against the LAC. He did make stops to prevent 1st downs but a lot of them 1st contact was 5 yards downfield. The pass "breakup" in the RZ at the 3 was behind Cook and at hip level essentially uncatchable by many receivers.

I was very up on Smith watching him his sophomore year and LVE's rookie year. I thought we had a couple of studs. Still unsure about LVE. But Smith just has trouble making the big plays. He seems to run stiff-legged and everyone, including Stevie Wonder, Can see he has no change of direction on the move.

I wish he was pre-injury Jaylon, I really do. I admire how far he's come just to get where he is but now he's just sucking up cap resources that would be better off used elsewhere. He's not great and not even good . . . pretty meh describes him IMO.

BigD_95

Reaction score

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I get he is hated on this board but he did have a good game. Hopefully he has more games like this - we need him and we are paying him

HanD

Reaction score
he did look better than last year. hopefully that's because of the system and putting him in a position to succeed.

i wish all the best for him. we need him to be impactful for this def. i'd love to see him and LVE back to the glory days with MP roaming loose.

for now i'll just ignore his interviews and celebrations cause they still irk me to no end....

Redline360

Reaction score
He played "better" but was still nothing great. Made about 2 plays that were actually good.

Like 30sec of that highlight film was replaying the ball thrown behind the receiver who had no chance at it ???? Not sure why you would want to put that in a highlight clip cause if it was on target it was an easy TD cause he was beat by a couple of steps. Pressure is what caused the off target pass

Nav22

Reaction score
Re-watch the Chargers very first snap of the game (20-yard run by Ekeler) and you’ll be thoroughly disgusted at Jaylon again.

He’s truly awful.

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL!

2nd play of this “highlight” video... Jaylon allows a 7-yard completion to the RB he was covering, tackles him in bounds... and then starts celebrating the fact that he tackled the guy in bounds???

Never mind the fact that the Chargers were now in the redzone with all 3 timeouts still. For our damaged goods ILB, that was a BIGTIME play!!!!!!

Was this a serious thread?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
All were pretty decent plays. He could have closed quicker on a few, but he had a decent game. Still not worth the money.

Nav22

Reaction score
Final play of this awesome “highlight” video...

Jaylon reads the play correctly (a run to the left), gets there unblocked, trips up the RB at the line of scrimmage... and the RB still stumbles forward for a gain of 4.

STEP ASIDE, DICK BUTKUS!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL..............that about sums it up. If he makes a tackle its 7 yards downfield. Pass break up was only when the QB threw it behind the receiver and he probably had a easy pick but blew it.

But always starts celebrating like a clown anyway.

Now how about the lowlights? There were lots of them.

aikemirv

Reaction score
What's with the big celebration at around 1 minute when the ball is clearly behind the receiver? If that ball is on target I think the receiver drags Jaylon into the end zone. To be fair, he had one or two solid plays of the type that are pretty routine for a LB.
Quoted for truth!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jaylon was clearly there and in a position to make a play but I'll sip loudly

If you think any of those were great plays, then you dont understand football or Lber play. And then if you watched the REST of the game you would see Jaylon getting pushed around like a rag doll.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thats funny cause Parson made those some of the same plays week 1 and in the preseason and we responded like he was the best thing ever

You obviously dont watch and dont understand the difference. Parsons looks NOTHING like jaylon. Im sorry but you clearly dont get it.

The Natural

Reaction score
He played well. People that dont like Jaylon will always find something to complain about.