Video: Jaylon Smith Highlights - Chargers

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Re-watch the Chargers very first snap of the game (20-yard run by Ekeler) and you’ll be thoroughly disgusted at Jaylon again.

He’s truly awful.
Yes, he wasn't good on that play. But watch Dorrance Armstrong on the same play. Dude literally runs in a circle and the OL barely lays a hand on him, which created the gigantic hole that Smith didn't fill.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

giphy-downsized-large.gif

looked a little better than against tampa.....still runs very choppy and is slow getting to the sidelines

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When he regains total confidence. We’re going to be thrilled he’s on the squad. It’s easy to lose confidence especially after the injury he sustained.

Nav22

Reaction score
When he regains total confidence. We’re going to be thrilled he’s on the squad. It’s easy to lose confidence especially after the injury he sustained.
You know someone’s a complete and total scrub when fans are still hoping he “regains confidence” from a college injury.... during his SIXTH NFL season.
:lmao2:

SackMaster

Reaction score
I know a lot of people said it was a bad throw on his "PBU" against their TE, and that is true, but the ball was still catchable IMO, and Jaylon was right there to make the catch just that much harder.

Leave me alone, trying to be positive.
:laugh:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Played better than I’ve been giving him credit for in two years. Played like a 1 million dollar a year LB.

CWR

Reaction score
He made the tackles and prevented first downs. Jaylon played great and led the team in tackles.....again

I thought he looked good as well. Credit where it is due.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Thats funny cause Parson made those some of the same plays week 1 and in the preseason and we responded like he was the best thing ever
Parsons is also a ROOKIE. And guess what...in week 2 of his rookie season...he switches positions....and makes game changing plays...because HE IS A GAME changer! Jaylon is a JAG!

Tell me how many games you think we would win with 53 JAGs?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Re-watch the Chargers very first snap of the game (20-yard run by Ekeler) and you’ll be thoroughly disgusted at Jaylon again.

He’s truly awful.

Yes, we really need to watch the Jaylon lowlights from the game and not the few highlights.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
He looked ok in this game because he usually looks consistently lost in many others. He cannot cover at all. He cannot shed blockers and often runs himself out of the play completely. He has no vertical speed to catch a ball carrier who usually makes 4 to 5 yards after contact. A LB (with his position and contract) should be stopping ball carriers at point of contact. Yes he has some "tackles" however many with the assistance of his teammates and the sideline. Show me video of him making an open field tackle on his own (which is what LB's are designed to do).

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
JSmith will likely be released after this season. Hope he plays well enough to be remain productive. He looked really bad at the point of attack defending the run in the Chargers game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If I were coach, I would be playing Cox instead of Jaylon. Time to move on.

I didn’t see anything in those highlights that Gifford most likely could not do.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If he regains his confidence and just plus I think you’ll see more of what we were hoping for a few years back

Sydla

Reaction score
Deep breaths. He'll be gone in 6 months.

That being said, he looked far worse last year than he has thus far this season. Granted, it takes commitment to play as bad as he did last year.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I get he is hated on this board but he did have a good game. Hopefully he has more games like this - we need him and we are paying him
PUH - LEESE

Hated? People see that he is a second round project player who Jerrah screwed up and gave big money to. He can't make splash plays and he hurts the team.

This is an ASSESSMENT . . . not hate. You need to learn what hate is. On this board if someone is displeased with a players delivered product on the field it's "hate". GTFOHWTS!

If anything this is an indictment of the front office evaluation skills and their jump-the-gun mentality. Did the same thing with Zeke. Sat on Dak 2 years when he coulda been contracted at $30M/yr. for 5 years. Paying Lawrence $20 million when at best he's worth $12-$15M with a max of 8 sacks since his new contract.

Can't people here see that hurts the overall team by diluting the talent???????

Last edited: