Jaylon Smith is gone next year

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
As of now, he would just be dead money with no savings, but next year, we save a little over 6m. Jaylon stays in 2021 and is out next year. I expect him to ball out since he'll be playing for another contract. Win/Win scenario.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or maybe it's not Jaylen who gets cut. Maybe LVE and Neal leave via free agency since their contracts run out and we are left with Parsons, Smith, Cox as the starting trio.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The fact they took two LBs tells me LVE might be a short termer here too. They have until Monday to pick up his 5th year option. I suspect they won't.

I feel like I’m the only person left on this site that thinks Vander Esch is an awesome football player.

If Dallas is withholding medical info that I don’t know about then I’m fine letting him go but if he’s as healthy as they say and only being 25 years old it would be nuts to let a talent like him just leave.

He is a freak of a talent and is built for the modern era of football.

He is a cover safety in Urlachers body.

visionary

Reaction score
As of now, he would just be dead money with no savings, but next year, we save a little over 6m. Jaylon stays in 2021 and is out next year. I expect him to ball out since he'll be playing for another contract. Win/Win scenario.

cut him now
His attitude infests the locker room
I would never have picked up his option and said so before we did

visionary

Reaction score
I feel like I’m the only person left on this site that thinks Vander Esch is an awesome football player.

If Dallas is withholding medical info that I don’t know about then I’m fine letting him go but if he’s as healthy as they say and only being 25 years old it would be nuts to let a talent like him just leave.

this is his contract year so I expect LVE to play great but he is one hit from the sideline because of neck issues at a position where you have to hit full speed every play
We should not pick up his 5th year option

Sydla

Reaction score

There is nothing about his play that has been awesome. Like Smith, he regressed mightily since 2018. I have said for weeks it's time to blow up the LB spot and start over. Seems like Dallas might be thinking that with Parsons and Cox.