Twitter: Jaylon Smith Left A Message For The Team

TWOK11

Reaction score
Jaylon seems like a great guy and his is an inspiring story. Regardless of what you think of him, the guy was told he’d never play again by NUMEROUS people including some doctors, and he made an NFL Pro Bowl. That’s truly remarkable.

He also appears to be very charitable and business saavy. He’ll do very well in life.

John813

Reaction score
Jaylon seems like a great guy and his is an inspiring story. Regardless of what you think of him, the guy was told he’d never play again by NUMEROUS people including some doctors, and he made an NFL Pro Bowl. That’s truly remarkable.

He also appears to be very charitable and business saavy. He’ll do very well in life.

For sure. Can't blame him for jumping on that deal, either. JJ & SJ in their attempt to show Dak players taking "less" for the good of the team. "Only so much pie to go around".

He did rehab and put in tons of work to be a NFL player and one year it was thought he was turning a corner in play. It was a mirage.

BlueStar22

Reaction score

I honestly think he wasn't ever supposed to play again and he rehabbed it and made it happen but maxed it out in 2017/2018. He willed himself to play again. His knee is probably done. Oh and I've met him before as he was in my nephew's wedding. They were teammates t ND. Great guy. Always rooted for him. Hated to see him struggling.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
With that bright and positive smile he would always display, I hoped and prayed he'd come back from that terrible injury. I don't think he fully did. You can't blame him for getting overpaid. No one here, and I mean NO ONE, would turn down a huge pay day even if you knew you didn't deserve it. He's a great role model off the field with his work with underprivileged kids. I wish him the best.

With that said, I'm glad he's gone. This was a Jimmy Johnson, "Swervin" Curvin Richards move, IMO. A message was sent. This team has swag and with all the new blood on this team, they don't want to be a national embarrassment like we was last year. IMO, Jaylon seemed to not care about losing. Hopefully DLaw is looking himself in the mirror because he could be next when his contract allows it. I love DLaw too, but we've shown we can win big games without him. I'm extremely loyal to this team, not the players.

GO COWBOYS!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really wished it would have worked out for both parties but when you have guys younger and less expensive doing a better job then the team must do what they have to. Best of luck in GB (until or unless you face Dallas) lol

khiladi

Reaction score
well-bye-later.gif