Twitter: Jaylon Smith Left A Message For The Team

Proof

Reaction score
So?

We only want the very best on this team. Jaylon couldn't beat the sled let alone the other lbers.
Has nothing to do with class.

sure it does. wanting whats best for the team, and constantly kicking a guy when he's down are different things entirely.

Cydios

Reaction score
I love the message, I love the story behind Smith and he seems like he's got some true leadership and likeability. His injury has finally caught up with him. I think everyone is forgetting how much time and money Dallas spent on fixing him. Smith still has to respect that. I'm sure he knows he lost a step. I feel bad for the kid, but business is business.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Stupid analogy...this guy worked his butt off. If my daughter's husband treats her well and works his butt off, I'll provide for all they need if they can't make ends meet.
Reading is fundamental. I said does NOT have a job or want to work.

I don't care how hard Jaylon Smith works...he cannot play. My god. What is wrong with you people. There are 1000s of players over the history of football that work hard, but if you cannot play NFL football...you have to find something else to do

Let me guess....you are a big Tebow fan as well?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reading is fundamental. I said does NOT have a job or want to work.

I don't care how hard Jaylon Smith works...he cannot play. My god. What is wrong with you people. There are 1000s of players over the history of football that work hard, but if you cannot play NFL football...you have to find something else to do

Let me guess....you are a big Tebow fan as well?
I read just fine, you compared Jones to a guy with no job, that's why it was stupid. I don't have an issue cutting or firing people, I did that numerous times....just don't see why some of you feel the necessity to step on his grave and mock him....he's gone, let it go.....does it make you feel tough?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I read just fine, you compared Jones to a guy with no job, that's why it was stupid. I don't have an issue cutting or firing people, I did that numerous times....just don't see why some of you feel the necessity to step on his grave and mock him....he's gone, let it go.....does it make you feel tough?
Me stupid?

There is a difference in being able to read...and being able to comprehend...so since you struggle with the latter...I will keep it classy and just move on.

kumizi

Reaction score
Jaylon seems like a great guy and his is an inspiring story. Regardless of what you think of him, the guy was told he’d never play again by NUMEROUS people including some doctors, and he made an NFL Pro Bowl. That’s truly remarkable.

He also appears to be very charitable and business saavy. He’ll do very well in life.
no one gives a ****

this is a football forum and he's a sorry *** football player

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Me stupid?

There is a difference in being able to read...and being able to comprehend...so since you struggle with the latter...I will keep it classy and just move on.
Didn't call you stupid, I called the analogy stupid. Just want to be clear about that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respect to Jaylon for being a good sport and overcoming his injury to the tune of 31M in career earnings. That said, glad he won't be playing for my favorite team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All jokes, hate or homer comments aside....this is usually tough for players. There is a difference between cutting a backup and a starter....if there was internal issues, this can be a positive....but, if it was purely financial, this can be a huge negative, especially for young players that have their eyes opened to the business and dirty side of the NFL....let's hope the defense can keep getting better.
I can see where Smith was going to start crying about playing time, especially with Neal coming back....maybe they just nipped it in the bud.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure it does. wanting whats best for the team, and constantly kicking a guy when he's down are different things entirely.
Kicking? Down?
None of that applies....Jaylon has a ton of money and a new job.
He's fine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All jokes, hate or homer comments aside....this is usually tough for players. There is a difference between cutting a backup and a starter....if there was internal issues, this can be a positive....but, if it was purely financial, this can be a huge negative, especially for young players that have their eyes opened to the business and dirty side of the NFL....let's hope the defense can keep getting better.
I can see where Smith was going to start crying about playing time, especially with Neal coming back....maybe they just nipped it in the bud.
It's obvious this isn't just about money. There's probably several reasons.

Jaylons fine and I wish him good luck too. No matter what happens here on out....it's a remarkable story.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's obvious this isn't just about money. There's probably several reasons.

Jaylons fine and I wish him good luck too. No matter what happens here on out....it's a remarkable story.

Its money and his play and emerging rookies. Team decided they didn't need him and it wasn't worth the injury risk keeping him around. If he got injured next week, the cowboys would have been on the hook for his entire 2022 salary. By releasing him now, they save 5M in cap space next year and can recoup anything GB pays him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone have a link to the sled video? I can’t find it. I want to send it to my Green Bay fan buddy.:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the message, I love the story behind Smith and he seems like he's got some true leadership and likeability. His injury has finally caught up with him. I think everyone is forgetting how much time and money Dallas spent on fixing him. Smith still has to respect that. I'm sure he knows he lost a step. I feel bad for the kid, but business is business.
That's a good point. Dallas picked him when others didn't...a huge risk. Spent a lot of resources a lot of us never get. Both sides deserve credit in this story.