Twitter: Jaylon Smith Left A Message For The Team

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Classy move by Jaylon, he has a remarkable story and is genuinely a good dude.

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
Really wished it would have worked out for both parties but when you have guys younger and less expensive doing a better job then the team must do what they have to. Best of luck in GB (until or unless you face Dallas) lol
It’s business and a prime example of why players want to get paid when the negotiate a deal
There are no guarantees you will get all the money in a contract and most contracts are designed with cutting the player in mind, and they know that

ShortRound

Reaction score
Really had a great story out of college, but it wasn't meant to be.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This was not purely a financial decision.

You don’t cut high priced that are performing well.

Jaylon’s play on the field made his contract and future monetary considerations a blinking red light.

When a player’s performance crosses the tipping point of acceptable, you look to get out from underneath that contract.

jnday

Reaction score
When we win our 6th, Jaylons name will NEVER be mentioned.
If they win the next game , Jaylon’s name will no longer be mentioned. The only way that Jaylon would be mentioned is if the defense totally collapses within the next few games and fans are looking for the reason.

Proof

Reaction score
Kicking? Down?
None of that applies....Jaylon has a ton of money and a new job.
He's fine.

as if that’s all that matters lol. why do you think LVE went on his rant? all good though, you don’t get it or agree and that’s fine.

starfan1

Reaction score
![/QUOTE]
One of two guys I actually did criticize....is gone. I have no hard feelings or ill will.

The other one? His play calling is WAY better this year!;)

there's no middle ground here at the zone. if you criticize you're a hater. All kidding aside we do have those that go overboard like myself with Zeke at times or others with Dak. Jaylon while a good guy does not move laterally very well at all and it has come home to roost. I wish him the best but not at all mad he's gone

Hoofbite

Reaction score
well-bye-later.gif

Goodness, you really settled on this one. Probably could have found one with a couple more pixels.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not 100% sure of the criteria , but I am pretty sure he will still get a ring because he played some games for us.
There are no criteria. The SB winners can give rings to whoever they feel like giving rings to.

Which just makes me angrier that I don't have one yet.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'll say this again- I have always liked Jaylon Smith.

I have been critical of his gameplay but that takes nothing away from the fact he is a classy person with great character and work ethic. I truly wish him the best in Green Bay and hope he can recapture his 2018 form.