Twitter: Jaylon Smith making a comeback?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he had not injured his knee, where would he likely have been drafted given his weakness in the mental aspect of the game? And where should he have been drafted?
He would have been drafted top 10.

His athletic ability pre-injury was off the charts.

He was a big off-ball LB with uber elite speed that could have played DE as a pass rusher. He also lined up at times in man coverage on WRs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So his other businesses he was so focused on didn't work out?

Shocking.
another example of a young dude lacking focus and the right priorities. I think it took away from him being good at football. He has 2 many off the field ventures and he was concerned about his "social standing/platform" instead of his bread and butter. It cost him. In this league, u better put the work/study in or the game will leave u in the dust.

jwitten82

Reaction score
He would have been drafted top 10.

His athletic ability pre-injury was off the charts.

He was a big off-ball LB with uber elite speed that could have played DE as a pass rusher. He also lined up at times in man coverage on WRs.
It's crazy, what happened to the 2018 Smith? Did he get reinjured, looked like a completely different player that year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He had enough physical ability to have remained in the NFL but he was a very dumb player on the field.

In college his overwhelming physical ability offset his lack of instincts and lack of football knowledge.

After the injury he longer had that uber athleticism to compensate for a low football IQ.

His athleticism in college was Parsons-ish but Parsons probably had more football knowledge in High School than Jaylon has now.

I don’t think he was a dumb player at all. To me it was obvious he was running away from one on one head to head tackle situations. He only wanted to run and chase because he knew he would get run over. He couldn’t even budge the tackle dummy at the end so he certainly wasn’t going to willingly fill his gap and wait to get trucked.