Twitter: Jaylon Smith making a comeback?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All I know is what I saw. Too many times I saw him for no reason vacate his gap to hide behind a DL and leave a gaping hole for the RB. Then he would run and chase and jump on the pile after the RB was already down. It happened too often for me to explain it any other way than he was doing it on purpose to avoid having to meet the RB head up in the hole. Yes, he also had poor instincts and was slow to diagnose plays but that was from day one. Something happened that last year or two that had him running around avoiding contact.
He also would approach big OLs like he was trying to block through them, but he'd just jump up into them so they could throw him back. It seemed very intentional, as if he wanted to look like he was trying, without putting himself in harm's way.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
once he lost his athleticism he depended on his brains.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All I know is what I saw. Too many times I saw him for no reason vacate his gap to hide behind a DL and leave a gaping hole for the RB. Then he would run and chase and jump on the pile after the RB was already down. It happened too often for me to explain it any other way than he was doing it on purpose to avoid having to meet the RB head up in the hole. Yes, he also had poor instincts and was slow to diagnose plays but that was from day one. Something happened that last year or two that had him running around avoiding contact.

He would literally sit there 5 yards deep and wait for the play to come his way. He rarely stepped up into the hole to take on the RB.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Does Jaylon love the game or does he love what the game can do for him? It matters.

He may be trying to rekindle an NFL career because said NFL career fuels (pays the bills and gathers attention) his other interests, and not the other way around.

It sucks to be a "dull normal" when you are used to the NFL spotlight. Lots of players have come and gone realizing this truth.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
No, he had no instincts and no technique.

Do you think he might have also been making business decisions?

Only a player truly knows what is happening with his body. Was he beginning to see ongoing weakness in the repaired knee, and started to play more passively along with the lack of instincts?

Some of the things we saw on tape in his final season with Dallas were just serious head shakers.

Not unlike LVE last year, and I am willing to consider that Leighton was still recovering. Was this Jaylon's problem? His knee is getting functionally worse, not better?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He may be trying to rekindle an NFL career because said NFL career fuels (pays the bills and gathers attention) his other interests, and not the other way around.

It sucks to be a "dull normal" when you are used to the NFL spotlight. Lots of players have come and gone realizing this truth.
You mean sunglasses aren't the multimillion dollar business he thought they'd be? He should stop making videos and go on Shark Tank!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Video showed me he is slow ** stopping and changing direction. He has zero burst and then combine that with poor instincts = liability

All of those things are true. But his worst weakness of all is his inability to shed a block. Deion was better at taking on a blocker than Jaylon.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Still looks scared to plant and explode which has been the issue since his injury.

Go be an IG fitness model, bro. You’ll make almost as much and not be a potato when you’re 50.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

That knee injury is the problem. The nerve damage is permanent and goes in and out. His contract extension was a compounding problem for a player that can be unavailable at anytime. That is why the Cowboys are going with Barr.

Never draft an injured player with premium round picks (1-4).