Twitter: Jaylon Smith making a comeback?

plasticman

Reaction score
He wore the star honorably. There were no suspensions, domestic abuse, or other negative incidents.

I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do with the rest of his life.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great draft day story. Felt happy for him. Thought JJ's chance on him would turn out to be successful after one good year. Seemed like a good dude. Unfortunately, his aptitude for the sport was outmatched by his aptitude for self-promotion. Got tired of seeing him take wrong angles and react too late to a play, or jump late into a celebration group for a play he had nothing to do with. Doesn't mean I wouldn't wish success for him if he was given another opportunity elsewhere.
Summed it up for me. :thumbup:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I can't help myself when it comes to Jaylon...is the brand suffering because he isn't in the NFL anymore? Is that what is driving this? I ask because these little videos are so annoying. Just get into great shape. Keep your mouth shut. Ask the agent to set up a few visits. Be serious about playing linebacker the NFL and end the Clear Eyed stupidity. I would advise Jaylon to shut down all of his social media accounts and side businesses until he can FULLY establish himself in the league again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't help myself when it comes to Jaylon...is the brand suffering because he isn't in the NFL anymore? Is that what is driving this? I ask because these little videos are so annoying. Just get into great shape. Keep your mouth shut. Ask the agent to set up a few visits. Be serious about playing linebacker the NFL and end the Clear Eyed stupidity. I would advise Jaylon to shut down all of his social media accounts and side businesses until he can FULLY establish himself in the league again.
Right? No team is going to watch that video and say, "Wow, get Jaylon Smith on the line, NOW!!!" I assume he knows that, so these videos might be publicity stunts...Either that, or he's completely out of touch.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Right? No team is going to watch that video and say, "Wow, get Jaylon Smith on the line, NOW!!!" I assume he knows that, so these videos might be publicity stunts...Either that, or he's completely out of touch.

He is completely out of touch. Probably surrounded by a crew of sycophants that won't be honest with him. All those videos...just embarrassing. Turn the dam camera off and hit the gym. Get with a real trainer and TRAIN!!! I swear Jaylon's issues are all between the ears.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Last one...

You know those athletes that make everything look easy. Those are the great ones. Take MLB pitchers some guys throw easy and the ball explodes out of their hand. That process is repeatable. Some guys have ridiculous windups and you know the mechanics will fail and or an injury is coming. Jaylon used to dominate college based on pure athleticism. Can't do that in the NFL. He showed that again in 2018 so there is something. At least before he got the contract and it went to his head. Now he looks like a very confused guys working really hard to appear kinetic. It doesn't work. These videos are ridiculous. So he is cutting and running sideline to sideline with ZERO attempt to locate the ball or look into the backfield. Arms flailing all over the place. What the heck. Someone that loves him needs to sit him down.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I dont get the Jaylon hate. Good guy that unfortunately couldn’t do the things physically that he needed to do to remain a factor.
It was not just physical with him.

A large part of his lack of success beyond the 2018 season was mental.

He did not trust his body and he also was not a smart player. He thought he could make big displays that would make it seem like he knew what he was doing. He was an act, not a skilled focused football player.

It did not help he was overpaid and marketed directly by the owner like he was a superstar.