Jaylon Smith nerve countdown

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Come on KJJ, Weeden was awful. Please don't throw out stats when all the guy did was dump offs. It was maddening to watch. But, worst of all, you're making me agree with Fuzzy. Please stop........

You're agreeing with Fuzzy that Moore was better than Weeden?...PLEASE! We're discussing the comparison between them last season. In the opener all Romo did was dump the ball off to Dunbar and that ended up being Romo's best game of the season. Plus Romo had a healthy Dez for most of that game. The best game Weeden had was against NO with Dunbar coming up big again and Weeden never had the opportunity to play with Dez last season. Once Dunbar was lost in the NO game our passing game started to really suffer because he was the teams leading receiver and our WRs weren't getting open down field. Romo only averaged 7.3 per attempt in the 4 games he appeared in last season. Weeden averaged 10.4 per attempt vs Philly, 8.9 per attempt vs Atlanta and 9.5 per attempt vs NO.

He was bad against NE averaging only 4.8 per attempt but he finished the season including the games with Houston averaging 7.4 per attempt which was slightly higher than Romo's 7.3 per attempt last season. The NE game where we were overmatched had everyone go real sour on Weeden because he couldn't get the ball 5 yards down the field. We benched him, released him and traded for Cassel who was worse in every statistical category plus he only averaged 6.3 per attempt. Twill isn't a #1 receiver and with Dez out he was struggling to get open down field.

Despite the 400 yard passing game by Moore that has some going head over heels for him he only ended up averaging 7.5 per attempt. That game jacked his per attempt average up with Washington just laying back allowing him to put up yards. In the 2 games he appeared in prior he averaged only 6.3 per attempt vs the Jets and 6.0 per attempt vs Buffalo. Weeden wasn't nearly as bad as some made it seem it's just that many fans hate him. If we had a defense he had a good chance of going 2-1 last season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No one said they stopped competing but the intensity level wasn't there for the Cowboys or their opponents because there wasn't anything to play for. It's only natural for teams and players to lose some intensity when their seasons are over and they're just playing out the schedule. You claimed Moore outplayed Weeden when everyone of Weeden's numbers blew Moore's away. Weeden played in very meaningful games that we were competitive except for the NE game. To judge a QB you have to see how they perform in games that matter.

The only one who makes up nonsense is you because all you do is look to create arguments. You would argue that DNA evidence is nonsense just to create an argument. Anything I say you look to oppose just to argue. You follow me around from topic to topic just looking to start arguments. You've been slammed with links and stats that conclusively prove you wrong in debates and you continue to argue.

Quantify that in some way other than in how you feel and circumstantial wishcasting.

Now you have questioned my motives once again. How about looking to your own motives? Stats without context are meaningless and what links, dumpoff lover?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Because they we basically ALL the reports that were available. From ESPN and NFL Network to Broaddus and Eatman to whatever website you want to point to. After the draft, the reports coming from the Cowboys were suddenly very different. If Smith turns out fine, then there were no individuals or corporations who were privy to the intimate details of Smith's condition that publicly announced anything positive. If the Cowboys secret information turns out to be true and we got a massive steal for a generational player, then great! But I won't back down from my initial reaction based of the available information at the time. LIke I said before. I'll take a wait an see appproach and hope for the best.

The prognosis estimates without direct access were nonsense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're agreeing with Fuzzy that Moore was better than Weeden?...PLEASE! We're discussing the comparison between them last season. In the opener all Romo did was dump the ball off to Dunbar and that ended up being Romo's best game of the season. Plus Romo had a healthy Dez for most of that game. The best game Weeden had was against NO with Dunbar coming up big again and Weeden never had the opportunity to play with Dez last season. Once Dunbar was lost in the NO game our passing game started to really suffer because he was the teams leading receiver and our WRs weren't getting open down field. Romo only averaged 7.3 per attempt in the 4 games he appeared in last season. Weeden averaged 10.4 per attempt vs Philly, 8.9 per attempt vs Atlanta and 9.5 per attempt vs NO.

He was bad against NE averaging only 4.8 per attempt but he finished the season including the games with Houston averaging 7.4 per attempt which was slightly higher than Romo's 7.3 per attempt last season. The NE game where we were overmatched had everyone go real sour on Weeden because he couldn't get the ball 5 yards down the field. We benched him, released him and traded for Cassel who was worse in every statistical category plus he only averaged 6.3 per attempt. Twill isn't a #1 receiver and with Dez out he was struggling to get open down field.

Despite the 400 yard passing game by Moore that has some going head over heels for him he only ended up averaging 7.5 per attempt. That game jacked his per attempt average up with Washington just laying back allowing him to put up yards. In the 2 games he appeared in prior he averaged only 6.3 per attempt vs the Jets and 6.0 per attempt vs Buffalo. Weeden wasn't nearly as bad as some made it seem it's just that many fans hate him. If we had a defense he had a good chance of going 2-1 last season.

They featured Dunbar and ran a series of flexouts, wheels, and screens. That is different than abandoning your reads and going to straight to the safety valve.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Quantify that in some way other than in how you feel and circumstantial wishcasting.

Now you have questioned my motives once again. How about looking to your own motives? Stats without context are meaningless and what links, dumpoff lover?

You're just wasting both our time with that drivel. You're running out of things to say but are still arguing. :laugh:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Was not worth the risk.

So true. But with the FO being so naive it is a wonder that we didn't invest a No. 1 and No. 3 other injured players. I totally reject the egos behind our burning of picks on injured, rehabbing athletes. And with that too, the thinking that Sir Jones and Little Stephen can find diamonds in the rough and then be thought of as geniuses.

Last time I bought a car I was given the option of buying a new one or waiting on that great-looking car with engine issues. Well, being the shrew personage that I am, I chose the new car. It was worked out well. I wonder who the poor schmuck was who bought the rehabbed car.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They featured Dunbar and ran a series of flexouts, wheels, and screens. That is different than abandoning your reads and going to straight to the safety valve.

Some of that was by design due to Weeden having a history of throwing into double coverage. It was about trying to limit his mistakes with high percentage throws, Romo was doing the same thing while he was in there. Even Garrett mentioned that in one of his pressers. No one is saying Weeden is a good QB but he played well enough to win 2 of his 3 starts if our defense had stepped up. He clearly played better than Moore.

In the 4 games Weeden appeared in for the Cowboys he only tossed 2 INT's and part of having a chance to win games is not turning the ball over. Moore could throw for 400 yards every week but this team has no chance of winning with him tossing multiple picks almost every week especially when you have a suspect defense. Moore tossed picks in every game he appeared in last season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Some of that was by design due to Weeden having a history of throwing into double coverage. It was about trying to limit his mistakes with high percentage throws, Romo was doing the same thing while he was in there. Even Garrett mentioned that in one of his pressers. No one is saying Weeden is a good QB but he played well enough to win 2 of his 3 starts if our defense had stepped up. He clearly played better than Moore.

In the 4 games Weeden appeared in for the Cowboys he only tossed 2 INT's and part of having a chance to win games is not turning the ball over. Moore could throw for 400 yards every week but this team has no chance of winning with him tossing multiple picks almost every week especially when you have a suspect defense. Moore tossed picks in every game he appeared in last season.

How on Earth can you speak to what they 'designed?' Youre just making up stuff at this point. He throws into double coverage because he cannot read defenses. It all comes back to the same thing about the guy that you are advocating.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is like arguing who is the best actor on Entourage

We can say that both were bad......KMoore's numbers were worse and Weeden was afraid to throw downfield.....we should be done with both of them

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're just wasting both our time with that drivel. You're running out of things to say but are still arguing. :laugh:

So you cannot quantify it in any way and only have circumstantial wishcasting. Noted.

I'll give you what I am talking about. The team laid down on Wade Phillips on national TV against the GB Packers. I can quantify it by looking at Jason Witten giving up on routes. I have never seen anything remotely like that before or since.

The Panthers were one of the best teams in the NFL. Their defense was top 3 last year and they were trying to keep momentum going into the post season.

And are you really going to say the Commanders just laid down on us? They ALWAYS play us tough to the point that it is cliche.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

We can say that both were bad......KMoore's numbers were worse and Weeden was afraid to throw downfield.....we should be done with both of them

True we can trade one of them in for one of the QB other teams felt the same way about them which is why they are FA. lol

I think in the end Cowboys will give Moore training camp and pre season to make a case that he should be backup. I do think if he fails they will look outside to a vet but again it really is slim pickings out there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Jeremy Piven hands down in the show and overall.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The prognosis estimates without direct access were nonsense.

So it may seem with hindsight. But at the time, they were just as valid as the word on Ragland and his enlarged aorta, Jack and his degenerative knee and any other report that was put out. With this information, it is perfectly reasonable to be stunned and upset at the time of the pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How on Earth can you speak to what they 'designed?' Youre just making up stuff at this point. He throws into double coverage because he cannot read defenses. It all comes back to the same thing about the guy that you are advocating.

They didn't want him turning the ball over so a lot of the high percentage throws were by design Garrett said it in one of his pressers. They also wanted him to hit an open receiver down the field and the times our WRs got open down the field he checked down. I'm not advocating Weeden all I'm saying is we should have kept him as a veteran option to compete with Moore this summer. We threw away a 7th rounder on Cassel in a trade who ended up being no better than Weeden. Just keep looking to argue.

Dodger12

Reaction score

Weeden was horrible. Horrendous. Putrid. Utterly ineffective. Not NFL QB like......how else can I describe it? You can throw out all the stats you like to make it seem like Weeden was more capable than Moore but if you believe that, based on stats, then you have to believe that Weeden is better than Romo based on those same stats.

Don't get me wrong, I think we can do better than Moore at back-up. But defending Weeden by using his stats when he was just utterly pathetic is kind of lame.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you cannot quantify it in any way and only have circumstantial wishcasting. Noted.

I'll give you what I am talking about. The team laid down on Wade Phillips on national TV against the GB Packers. I can quantify it by looking at Jason Witten giving up on routes. I have never seen anything remotely like that before or since.

The Panthers were one of the best teams in the NFL. Their defense was top 3 last year and they were trying to keep momentum going into the post season.

And are you really going to say the Commanders just laid down on us? They ALWAYS play us tough to the point that it is cliche.

You're starting to word your posts like CCBoy you're not making any sense as it is. :laugh: The team quit on Wade because we were getting destroyed by Rodgers and the Packers and Wade was a creampuff who coddled players. Don't know why you're bringing that game up it's irrelevant to this discussion. It's just another way to keep arguing. I never said the Commanders laid down I said they laid back on defense which allowed Moore to put up all those yards.

This is just your MO to keep arguments going and going. Moore was facing a lot of backups and the game meant nothing to the Commanders. They were just trying to get the game over with and come away healthy for the playoffs. I've NEVER seen anyone look to ARGUE the way you do. This is why posters tell you to leave them alone and move on from you.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They didn't want him turning the ball over so a lot of the high percentage throws were by design Garrett said it in one of his pressers. They also wanted him to hit an open receiver down the field and the times our WRs got open down the field he checked down. I'm not advocating Weeden all I'm saying is we should have kept him as a veteran option to compete with Moore this summer. We threw away a 7th rounder on Cassel in a trade who ended up being no better than Weeden. Just keep looking to argue.

Again, they ran routes in the middle of the field. He would abandon his reads and instead check it down. He would fail to convert third downs and score but hey at least he had a high completion percentage. And after he got hit he would really fall apart.

Cassell was as bad or worse particularly if he got hit at all. What 'vet option?' Fitzpatrick is asking for starter money and deserves it. Everyone else was terrible and still got $7m AAV. You can pretend like QB isn't the most scarce resource in the sport but you'll continue to look clueless pining for unrealistic pipedreams.

You have no leg to stand but keep flailing. It's good for a laugh.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Weeden was horrible. Horrendous. Putrid. Utterly ineffective. Not NFL QB like......how else can I describe it? You can throw out all the stats you like to make it seem like Weeden was more capable than Moore but if you believe that, based on stats, then you have to believe that Weeden is better than Romo based on those same stats.

Don't get me wrong, I think we can do better than Moore at back-up. But defending Weeden by using his stats when he was just utterly pathetic is kind of lame.

His numbers last season along with how competitive we were vs Atlanta and NO don't come close to backing up your statement. Granted he was ineffective in many situations but he was far from horrible or horrendous. Weeden clearly showed in the games he played he was more capable than Moore due to experience. The Cowboys got outscored 50 to 29 in the two games Moore started and they were meaningless games to the Cowboys and their opponents. I'm defending Weeden against anyone who claims Moore played better than he did last season because it's completely untrue. Stats along with wins are used to judge QBs. It's stats that have Romo in such high regards to FANS on this board when comparing him to Staubach and Aikman.

Weeden's stats blew Moore's away in every single category and the Cowboys were more competitive in the games Weeden played in. Moore was terrible in relief vs the Jets with 3 picks and a 52.2 passer rating, while Weeden was brilliant in relief of Romo vs Philly completing 100% of his passes, with a TD and a passer rating of 149.7. It's not even a contest who performed better last season between Moore and Weeden. Moore didn't even get his chance to play until the Cowboys season was officially over which is the only reason we played him. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Again, they ran routes in the middle of the field. He would abandon his reads and instead check it down. He would fail to convert third downs and score but hey at least he had a high completion percentage. And after he got hit he would really fall apart.

Cassell was as bad or worse particularly if he got hit at all. What 'vet option?' Fitzpatrick is asking for starter money and deserves it. Everyone else was terrible and still got $7m AAV. You can pretend like QB isn't the most scarce resource in the sport but you'll continue to look clueless pining for unrealistic pipedreams.

You have no leg to stand but keep flailing. It's good for a laugh.

Again, you're just looking to ARGUE. You don't have two legs to stand on. lol We've exhausted this let it go! :rolleyes: