Jaylon Smith nerve regenerating

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I could understand people being pessimistic if this was just a reporter’s view or opinion but when Jaylon himself is stating that the never is regenerating and he is feeling it and doctors are saying it is regenerating then I think that is cause for a lot of optimism

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I'm going to have some real questions for my wife if my son turns out to be 6" taller and 70 pounds heavier than I am.

Well, and African American.

"Remember I told you about my black 3rd cousin? It's genetics."

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm a lady, but you're welcome! :thumbup:

The more I read about Jaylon and his character, work ethic, and leadership, he sounds like he will have the Dak role for the defense. He and Sean Lee will do great things together.

Imagine adding him to our defense and Dak and Zeke continue to improve on the offense. And if we win the Super Bowl, we will likely be the most feared team in the league next year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
But butbut butbutbtubtubtubtubtubtubtubtubtbtbut but but I have heard 47 different posters on this very forum say otherwise. What gives? I'm confused.

I don't take medical advice from guys who aren't licensed and practicing medicine. And neither should you. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ah yes, the main pseudo-expert himself popping in with a snide comment. We all know when Jaylon is suited up and playing next year you'll probably be on the Giants message board where you really belong.
:laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, but he ran his 4.5 without the brace.

I saw that as well and was about to post it, if he is running a 4.5 you bet I feel very good about his full recovery. I have never expected him to play this season but it appears based on his comments and saying doctors have also said the same thing the nerve is regenerating as expected.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
I could understand people being pessimistic if this was just a reporter’s view or opinion but when Jaylon himself is stating that the never is regenerating and he is feeling it and doctors are saying it is regenerating then I think that is cause for a lot of optimism

Along with reporters coming and saying Jaylon will play next year (Todd Archer). At this point the we can just chalk up that pessimism to message board posters doing message board things.

I'm still shocked that Jaylon and Co. think he'd be ready for OTA's. When they drafted Jaylon, I was thinking best case scenario would he be ready to do football activities by 2017 training camp. This is all beyond exciting. I'm just drooling at the sight of him next to Sean Lee. The only real question for me is, how close can he get to his pre-injury form.

Also, why are people hating on or "frustrated" with Jaylon? I didn't realize it was such a sin to be positive and uplifting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Along with reporters coming and saying Jaylon will play next year (Todd Archer). At this point the we can just chalk up that pessimism to message board posters doing message board things.

I'm still shocked that Jaylon and Co. think he'd be ready for OTA's. When they drafted Jaylon, I was thinking best case scenario would he be ready to do football activities by 2017 training camp. This is all beyond exciting. I'm just drooling at the sight of him next to Sean Lee. The only real question for me is, how close can he get to his pre-injury form.

Also, why are people hating on or "frustrated" with Jaylon? I didn't realize it was such a sin to be positive and uplifting.

I agree it is like getting 2 #1 picks in 2017. Very excited about Jaylon getting out on the field and helping this defense become dominate

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I'm a lady, but you're welcome! :thumbup:

The more I read about Jaylon and his character, work ethic, and leadership, he sounds like he will have the Dak role for the defense. He and Sean Lee will do great things together.

Open mouth....insert foot. From the bottom of my heart, please accept my sincere apologies dear. I would never have done that on purpose.

phildadon86

Reaction score

The thought of him next to sean lee is insanely great. That may turn into the best LB tandem in the NFL. The fact he is already running one tick over where he used to should show hes getting back to pre injury form.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zoners sure are a negative bunch for our team being 13-3 and 1seed in playoffs.

crazy. you would think there would be a lot less tension around these parts. people throwing snide comments left and right, people making false assumptions about zoners, people calling on the worst super hero with the worst super hero name ever in straw man etc. etc.
Just wait until we win the Super Bowl. There will be those who will find something to complain about. Absolutely guarantee you of that. It's a certain as the sun rising in the east each morning.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Just wait until we win the Super Bowl. There will be those who will find something to complain about. Absolutely guarantee you of that. It's a certain as the sun rising in the east each morning.

I welcome that problem!! Without a doubt. An SB would be much needed good medicine around here even if some may find that pill hard to swallow (can't imagine). Cheers zoners! You snide comment freaks and all. ;)

Sepia

Reaction score
Imagine adding him to our defense and Dak and Zeke continue to improve on the offense. And if we win the Super Bowl, we will likely be the most feared team in the league next year.

It's almost... not fair.:muttley:

Imagine David Irving, Jaylon, and Tapper playing to their potential. Our defense would be as dominant as our offense. What kind of ideal balance? :flagwave:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yes, but he ran his 4.5 without the brace.

Feel free to provide the link to support that claim because he certainly didn't say that himself.

We're all excited about the positive news regarding Smith. That said, we don't need to be putting stuff out there that isn't true.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Feel free to provide the link to support that claim because he certainly didn't say that himself.

We're all excited about the positive news regarding Smith. That said, we don't need to be putting stuff out there that isn't true.

Frustrating as it might be, Smith said he’s seen remarkable progress in his return from injury during the 2016 season. It’s been a year since he tore both his ACL and LCL in his final college game. Smith said he’s fully recovered from those injuries, evidenced by the fact that he said he recently ran a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/extrapoints

It says he said, and he is not the reporter he said is Jaylon Smith who made the comment. If people do not believe that then take it up with Jaylon because again it is what HE said.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Frustrating as it might be, Smith said he’s seen remarkable progress in his return from injury during the 2016 season. It’s been a year since he tore both his ACL and LCL in his final college game. Smith said he’s fully recovered from those injuries, evidenced by the fact that he said he recently ran a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/extrapoints

His knee is not the question. It's his nerve (and by extension his "dropfoot").

That he ran a 4.5 is not in question. The specific claim being made is that he wasn't wearing his brace when he ran it.

The AFO (i.e. "brace") is for his foot, not his knee.

Smith never said he ran that without the brace; in fact he mentioned specifically that the brace is not an issue in terms of playing with it. He said he was pushing to play this postseason with the help of the brace, but the team staff decided to take it slow and not push it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It seems delusional and beyond belief, but the best of the 2016 Cowboy draft class might be still to come.

Elliott, Dak, Maliek Collins, Anthony Brown, and Jaylon Smith all have All-Pro potential. Throw in Frazier who looks like he can play as a decent backup, and add in Tapper if his back can heal, and ...wait for it ... drum roll ... Rico at TE (who I think will be very good next year).

Don't let that once-in-a-lifetime draft spoil you. Tempting as it is, and some will surely use it, don't use that draft as a measuring stick for future drafts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's almost... not fair.:muttley:

Imagine David Irving, Jaylon, and Tapper playing to their potential. Our defense would be as dominant as our offense. What kind of ideal balance? :flagwave:

And a 2017 draft (with Clay at the helm) which will infuse us with even more talent. :)