Twitter: Jaylon Smith: Number 9 is more than a number to me

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some fans quit this site when Dak got his contract, that's the type of fan I'm talking about. Fans that only point out negatives and never give credit. I played and coached for 36 years. I despise fans like that. I once had a fan wait on the sideline as we went off the field for halftime and he cussed out a 17 year old kid for fumbling the ball in a game that we were winning 42 to 0. I personally went and physically kicked him out of the stadium. He was banned and never came back.i hate fans like that.....
He’s acting naive for whatever reason but it’s clear to anyone who’s been on this site a lot of posters who rooted against Dak are hiding until he has a bad game.....

RoboQB

Reaction score
You sound like the poser you claim Jaylon to be.:angry:

As confused as you are, I'm sure you think that... from thousands of miles away.
In your safe space, no doubt.

Look, this thread is about Jaylon Smith.
I was all in when he was drafted. He seemed humble.
Who doesn't like a great comeback story.

Now, he's a completely different person, a liability on the field and
not nearly the leader he claims to be. If you don't see it, you're either an idiot,
or you have an agenda. The choice is yours.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Sure, I'm mad.

Some chump gets online and calls me a hypocrite for voicing my opinion.
The internet makes cowards like yourself feel bulletproof.

How does calling Jaylon Smith a poser, and not every
player, coach, FO staff over 25 years, make me a hypocrite?

You have a serious problem with word definitions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As confused as you are, I'm sure you think that... from thousands of miles away.
In your safe space, no doubt.

Look, this thread is about Jaylon Smith.
I was all in when he was drafted. He seemed humble.
Who doesn't like a great comeback story.

Now, he's a completely different person, a liability on the field and
not nearly the leader he claims to be. If you don't see it, you're either an idiot,
or you have an agenda. The choice is yours.
Its clear I'm not the one with a agenda here based on where your frustration seems to stem from.

This thread was about Jaylon explaining his number switch.

Not about whatever insecurities you seem to have.

Jaylon has been a "liability" the minute he stepped on the field in 2017.......he had one very good year...everything outside of it has been suspect. He didn't "change" overnight. He's exactly the same person and player he's shown you he was you just chose to not see it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
But he was one of the league leaders in assists.

My favorite "assist" was when Jaylon was laying on the ground holding Carson Wentz's
ankles as he successfully converted 4th and inches, whistle blown, refs spotting the ball
and gesturing 1st down, but Jaylon gets an assist... lol/smh

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure, I'm mad.

Some chump gets online and calls me a hypocrite for voicing my opinion.
The internet makes cowards like yourself feel bulletproof.

How does calling Jaylon Smith a poser, and not every
player, coach, FO staff over 25 years, make me a hypocrite?

You have a serious problem with word definitions.
Yeah you're mad lol. The minute you went "personal" that's how I know when you guys get mad. I didn't call you a hypocrite for voicing your opinion. Scroll back up if you need a refresher of why I called you that I'm not repeating myself.

And you're 50 years old. Stop it. Stop this tough guy act. Agree to disagree and move on. Let's don't kid ourselves here......this vigor you seem to be exhibiting behind :thumbup:your keyboard is not something you'd do in real life so let's cut it out.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
In case you were wondering

tumblr_og59qhe8sp1s1v3r1o1_r1_250.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My brother, for one. Dude's 56, a blithering idiot and alive by dumb luck.
And still making babies.

My best friend is 2 years away from 50 and he's never had a steady job in his life, does stupid things daily and he's going to hit your mark.

I know a ton of idiots that are 50 and above.

Now that I think of it... what does that say about me?

I need better friends.
:laugh:

You're suppose to be their support lol. You're suppose to be the guy to makes them want to change their life for the better. :laugh:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not the same. Criticism if good, but actively hoping one of your own sucks is my issue.
I hope he grows a brain and becomes a contributor instead of a liability.

That said I doubt he will. I am not actively rooting for failure even though I dislike him immensely. I just realize players like him don't suddenly rebound.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he grows a brain and becomes a contributor instead of a liability.

That said I doubt he will. I am not actively rooting for failure even though I dislike him immensely. I just realize players like him don't suddenly rebound.
I get it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Does make sense. It does seem he is trying to bring the spotlight back to him with the number change. Can't have anybody taking that spotlight, can we?

Hah so true. I mean Parsons can’t have him getting all the attention.

plasticman

Reaction score
#54 means a lot to Cowboy fans, but it's all about you, Jaylon.

The Dallas Cowboys do not retire jerseys. instead they wait for someone they deem worthy and give them that number in the hopes that it will inspire them to equal greatness. Though it doesn't always happen, the overall results have been great. #22, #88 have been given to multiple Hall of Famers.

You should have understood the honor when you were given #54. Not one, but two of it's previous owners are Super Bowl MVP's. One in the Hall of Fame, the other one is possibly the greatest HOF snub of a Dallas Cowboy ever.

Giving you #54 demonstrated just how valuable they thought you were despite the fact that you couldn't even play in your rookie year. You were even eased in your second year. After just one full season the Cowboys gave you a 5 year contract extension including a 19 million signing bonus. You weren't wearing lucky #9 when you became a millionaire. You were wearing #54 when you earned your first Pro Bowl.

I even imagined just how cool it would have been if the Cowboys did end up in a Super Bowl and you made the game changing INT's, fumble recoveries, sacks, whatever. Wow, three Cowboy SB MVP's all wearing Cowboy #54.

I heard you paid a half million just to wear the number you wanted. The money is to replace unsold merchandise. What about sold merchandise, what about your fans? I hope it's worth it, I really do. If wearing #9 inspires you more then #54 should have then that's great for the team. Still, as a fan, I'm on the fence. I can't help feeling the change in jersey number is a little selfish, even conceited.

Perhaps many other fans will disagree with me, I'm sure some will. I became a Cowboy fan at a different time than most. I'm a traditionalist in an ever changing world. It used to be about the team and it's fans but with free agency, fantasy leagues, sophisticated player marketing, there has been a shift from team loyalty to player loyalty. Now, players can choose their own jersey number. I'll have to adjust but if I ever see an offensive tackle wearing #2 on their jersey......

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

The Dallas Cowboys do not retire jerseys. instead they wait for someone they deem worthy and give them that number in the hopes that it will inspire them to equal greatness. Though it doesn't always happen, the overall results have been great. #22, #88 have been given to multiple Hall of Famers.

You should have understood the honor when you were given #54. Not one, but two of it's previous owners are Super Bowl MVP's. One in the Hall of Fame, the other one is possibly the greatest HOF snub of a Dallas Cowboy ever.

Giving you #54 demonstrated just how valuable they thought you were despite the fact that you couldn't even play in your rookie year. You were even eased in your second year. After just one full season the Cowboys gave you a 5 year contract extension including a 19 million signing bonus. You weren't wearing lucky #9 when you became a millionaire. You were wearing #54 when you earned your first Pro Bowl.

I even imagined just how cool it would have been if the Cowboys did end up in a Super Bowl and you made the game changing INT's, fumble recoveries, sacks, whatever. Wow, three Cowboy SB MVP's all wearing Cowboy #54.

I heard you paid a half million just to wear the number you wanted. The money is to replace unsold merchandise. What about sold merchandise, what about your fans? I hope it's worth it, I really do. If wearing #9 inspires you more then #54 should have then that's great for the team. Still, as a fan, I'm on the fence. I can't help feeling the change in jersey number is a little selfish, even conceited.

Perhaps many other fans will disagree with me, I'm sure some will. I became a Cowboy fan at a different time than most. I'm a traditionalist in an ever changing world. It used to be about the team and it's fans but with free agency, fantasy leagues, sophisticated player marketing, there has been a shift from team loyalty to player loyalty. Now, players can choose their own jersey number. I'll have to adjust but if I ever see an offensive tackle wearing #2 on their jersey......
Excellent post

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

So Smith made it even more about him and he can't play. Excellent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

:lmao2:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you even ready what I was replying too?
I ready who you replied to. You agree people hope for Jaylon's failure.

I think that's a ridiculous notion. Any bit of criticism means hoping for hate? Like who do you think HERE hopes for that? Show me what you mean.