Twitter: Jaylon Smith on Boys being flexed out of SNF

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'm a big critic of him, but I think this is taken out of context. I think he meant to say that the owner deals with that and the players play. At least, that's my take.

aria

Reaction score
There were many others. You and they applauded the contract because you assumed it would not leave enough money to pay Zeke. Solely for spite. Then y'all found out what "we're not going to be market setters," meant. Lol.
That’s actually very incorrect, at least about my perspective. I liked Jaylon as a person from the beginning and although I didn’t like the pick due to his injury history, I always wished him well. Whatever the reason was, he and LVE looked great in 2018 and I had wrongly thought that we were set at LB and Jaylon had even more upside. At the time, I was happy for him and thought the contract was fair. As soon as he got paid, he became a dbag as a person and starting caring more about his brand than his play on the field.

That’s why I applauded the contract so nice try but you’re way off.

Now back to zeke, there’s no doubt in my mind that Jerry is the one who signed Jaylon out of spite. He was trying to prove a point to zeke, who was holding out at the time, that this is how he treated players who were loyal...by rewarding them early with good contracts. I firmly believe that if zeke didn’t hold out with TWO years left on his contract then Jerry and Dak would have come to terms with Jaylon and zeke being signed the following year. So now we have zeke (and Jerry) to thank for that as well.

Terrific job by one of the best GM’s in the league. Got man handled by a RB, bamboozled by a LB and now has himself in a bind with the most important position on the team :clap:

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol, coach probably said "Burn the tape" and they went all Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock on it.

lol wouldn't be surprising if the coaches are behind it. They must be since the players shouldn't have do this on their own. Needs to be enforced. The Cowboys "cancelled" that game and then burned it.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm a big critic of him, but I think this is taken out of context. I think he meant to say that the owner deals with that and the players play. At least, that's my take.

Shouldn't he be upset? Teams not good enough for primetime. He's part of the reason.

Reaction score
No wonder Jerry loves Jaylon Smith.

They are 2 of a kind. It's all about the fluff and the brand. Winning means almost nothing as long as the money keeps flowing in

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Big_D

Reaction score

The swipe is just .. there's no words to describe it. Life changing? A state of higher understanding? CEV That move right there is what's important in the world. Brings people together! Thank you Jaylon. This is a true gift that we all need right now!

Last edited:

bewp7

Reaction score
that is the cowboys leader on d!

the guy who have jerrys ear on if a player fit in with the locker room or not!

mrmojo

Reaction score
If the cornerstone of the team ain't worried about it why should I.......what a joke he is....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That would be Hendrix at Monterey Pop Festival 1967...

But props for the Jimi reference no less.
You are a Gawd.

Thank you.

Love Monterey. We've been thinking about moving there, but my formerly Geophysicist wife is too into sea levels rising to live on the coasts.