Twitter: Jaylon Smith on Boys being flexed out of SNF

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Goodness he’s so fake. It’s ridiculous this fraud is our leader on defense. Nothing authentic about him.

The fact that he wasn't aware that the game was flexed out (and that seemed like an authentic response) makes me feel that either these coaches are garbage when it comes to preparing their guys or that Jaylon is just plain dumb. Probably both.

pitt33

Reaction score
You are a Gawd.

Thank you.

Love Monterey. We've been thinking about moving there, but my formerly Geophysicist wife is too into sea levels rising to live on the coasts.
Beautiful area.

Untouchable real estate. For us working stiffs anyways...

Also quite fond of Santa Barbara.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I don't care what the cap hit is, you got to get rid of this idiot asap in the offseason.

Sit or release this MFer ASAP!!!!!!!! This dude is clueless on a football field and a stupid dumb f@#$%^k when it comes to quotes. JJ needs to storm into the locker room and personally kick this dude's *** to the corner!

Plankton

Reaction score
There’s no shining this turd - that’s an awful quote. The optics are really bad, and Smith doesn’t do himself a lot of favors with some of his quotes and actions. For people looking for anything to reinforce their feelings about Jaylon Smith, he gives them a lot of ammo.

plymkr

Reaction score
Uhh that says more about Jerry than it does Jaylon......lol.
Exactly and this summarizes 25 years of dysfunction. And the dysfunction is getting worse. Now we got the players telling the media winning isn't important as long as Jerry is having fun. When is Jerry going to wake up?

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Get this pansy azz clown off this team. Jeezuz h krist.
I cant believe how much emotion, time and debate that there has been on this board from the day this *** clown was drafted .

It still is happening almost daily.

Ditch this clueless distraction for the better of the team and the fans that so graciously hoped for him

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's been obvious since he became a starter that his college performance was mostly due to his physical superiority to other linebackers, which of course isn't unusual. And he's lost some of that due to the injury. If he's not learned the position by now, he probably never will.

Now can a good linebacker coach, or defensive coordinator "fix" him? Not if he doesn't have the "football smarts", which to my observation he does NOT.

Which means he is as good (relatively speaking) as he'll ever be. Is that good enough to keep him as the starter?

Not in my view. Probably would be a good special teams player, got size and some speed, IF he'll actually tackle. But that's about it...

Maverick84

Reaction score
Lol, coach probably said "Burn the tape" and they went all Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock on it.
*Monterey Pop Festival, not Woodstock. His Woodstock strat sits in a Seattle museum (thankfully, unburned)

maxresdefault.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully, Jaylon Smith doesn't represent this teams' collective mindset. :rolleyes:

What a rotten way to express his attitude! His thinking simply speaks badly!

Jerry should rightfully send him packing but it's pretty unlikely he'll do so. o_O

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's like he learned some of this up from Garrett. As long as you look the part, smile, repeat the right cliches, and get in good with the boss, you basically have it made. You can perform terribly, but as long as you still have the fame and the huge paycheck and the boss is good with you, who cares?

He even says they have to "stack weeks" at the :53 mark and that they're "preparing the right way."

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I mean it's

Awesome.

Too bad almost all them then are 10 yards past the line of scrimmage
Has anybody seen a stat that backs up claims like these? Tackles relative to the line of scrimmage or something along those lines? I'm honestly curious to see this stat for Jaylon and compare to the rest of the LB's in the NFL

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The thing that we are failing to grasp is that for Jaylon he has made it. All his goals have been reached. All of the boxes have been checked. Massive contract. Defensive captain of the Dallas Cowboys. Life long personal and business relationships with the Owners. An absolute slam dunk home run as far as he is concerned.

As fans none of this has value. We want wins. Simple as that. He has what he wants and it doesn't matter to us. We do not have what we want and it does not matter to him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't care what the cap hit is, you got to get rid of this idiot asap in the offseason.

This is one of the worst quotes ever by a player. Also very telling. Getting rid of Jaylon isn’t going to fix anything. I’m sure there are more players who feel the same way thanks to the culture of Jerry. Most of these are probably on the defensive side.