Video: Jaylon Smith on Undisputed

Swanny

Reaction score
Not all of them.

Especially those from underachieving and losing teams.
No that's what fans want to believe. The NFL is a business all that matters is $$$. Players play for $$$. If they weren't paid handsomely then they wouldn't play in the NFL. Unfortunately for fans of football $$$ is all that matters. Jaylon is a business man and promoting while he can. Good for him. Make that $$$ now. Fans are passionate about the outcome. Players are passionate about making money now while their brain is still functioning.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jaylon gets the benefit of the doubt from me. This is the year though. If i dont see 2018 jaylon i cant support the bro
Our defense in general didn't show up which I blame on coaching specifically the play calling of Kris. Kaylin at least was able to over come bad coaching and put up great numbers. He was our only probowl defensive player.

Hoping our coaches are true to their word and call plays to the strength of the players and not a specific scheme.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ya know, as much as I can't stand Shannon Sharpe, he'd be a great locker room motivator. He doesn't hold back, even when he's talking to the players.
I do like the way he gets Skip fired up. Lol. And when The Cowboys win I watch on Monday morning. Sharp knows he is in for it all day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hes not afraid to ask the real questions that should be asked, unlike his counterparts with journalism degrees.
And what's more, he does it in a way that makes (or at least seemed to make Jaylon) guys feel embarrassed for their performance.

shabazz

Reaction score
And what's more, he does it in a way that makes (or at least seemed to make Jaylon) guys feel embarrassed for their performance.

I guess it's because the current players can relate to ex-players so much better. One day ESPN and Fox Sports will probably be all ex-players.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you want to know why the Dallas Cowboys have not done anything in 25 years look no further. Jaylon epitomizes the issues with this team. Drafting, play time, contract extensions, relationships with GM, focus on anything but football.

When Sean Lee is watching film Jaylon is having meetings at the star to support the brand all of which is encouraged from the top. He is ruining Cowboys football for me more than any other player. He was so bad on the field last year it was clear that the team cares more about synergizing with his brand than they do about winning.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you want to know why the Dallas Cowboys have not done anything in 25 years look no further. Jaylon epitomizes the issues with this team. Drafting, play time, contract extensions, relationships with GM, focus on anything but football.

When Sean Lee is watching film Jaylon is having meetings at the star to support the brand all of which is encouraged from the top. He is ruining Cowboys football for me more than any other player. He was so bad on the field last year it was clear that the team cares more about synergizing with his brand than they do about winning.

Hahahaha.

That's what is ruining Cowboys football for you?

You people are ridiculously funny.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And listen to his comments on Garrett. Again, not a word about him being a good coach. Consistent and respected him. Garrert is TRASH
What is it with some only being able to see extremes, and displaying animosity. Smith didn't indicate Garrett was a great coach, but neither did he indicate he was a terrible one, and the reality is there is a hell of a lot of room between "great" and "trash". And there really is no reason to feel a grudge. I think most of us agree Garrett was not what the team needed and had shortcomings, but does that make him trash or a bad person we should feel animosity toward? The discussion would be a lot more rational if posters would skip the melodrama and just discuss facts and well thought out opinions.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have no idea what Jaylon Smith is doing with his time.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
There have been about four Cowboy players that showed up on Radio Row the last few days to pitch their products.

All about that branding.
Not surprising, really. Most the players on Radio Row are plugging something. The hosts usually ask them to talk about whatever it is they’re involved with outside of football.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is a very interesting era in regard to folks being able to earn millions on social media by simply posting product endorsements to their followers. If Jerry and son were smart (and they aren't), they would leverage this personal branding aspect in contract negotiations. A players personal brand is worth way more in Dallas b/c they have more eyes on them.........more people watching them........more people listening when they talk...........all of this leads to more social media followers which creates huge endorsement opportunities for them..............opportunities created from the exposure they can only get as a Dallas Cowboy.

So, why can't Jerry say to a guy like Jaylon Smith " sign with us for less money and you will more than make up for it with the exposure you will get as a Dallas Cowboy. Your brand will be worth way more here than anywhere else". Then Jaylon and his agent can go do the math and see that he's got way more avenues of making money as a Dallas Cowboy than he would in just about any other NFL city. If Jaylon signs with Tampa, for example, nobody would pay any attention b/c there's no national media exposure and his brand would be near worthless.

Stars in demand don't think that way. Desperate players do.
Stars know they're worth the money because they can deliver for the price. Desperate players take the deals because they don't have leverage.
Besides, there's ego involved on Jerry's side too. He doesn't want to be seen as a cheap owner.
It's not like Dallas isn't getting something for its dollar. Pay top price for players, compete for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Also, top players bring in the dollars in terms of attendance and national interest.
If I'm a top player, I'm not taking less than my worth with the promise of making more simply because I'm a Cowboy. And I suspect if fans were in players' positions, they'd do just what players like Zeke did.