Jaylon Smith to wear 9

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
5ayj8d.jpg

FVSTONE

Reaction score

I’m just here for the comments.

Hey Smith changing your number isn't going to up your play on the field!!!!!!!! You were a bum when you wore 54 and you'll be a bum when you slip on number 9. If you want to up your game then maybe you should worry about plugging running lanes rather than changing the numbers on the back of your jersey. But then again you probably think changing your number from two digits to one digit will make your jersey lighter which will increase your speed to the ball carrier.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Questions for all you guys who have experience stepping on a field:

How many times can you remember looking to see what number you were wearing?
Did your number even come to mind during the game?

(The only time it even crossed my mind was when 30 wasn't available for some reason and they gave me 20 something)

Mannix

Reaction score
----Damn straight..500gs would help a hell of a lot of hungry and homeless people in his community....what a joke.

Zactly.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Jaylon Smith is making a jersey switch, moving from No. 54 to No. 9, but it will come at a cost. According to multiple sources, Smith will pay close to mid-six figures to buy out the current inventory of No. 54 jerseys and t-shirts, which follows NFL rules, to make the move. Had he said he would change his number in 2022, it would not cost him any money. Sources said Smith reached out to Tony Romp, who wore the number from 2003-16.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

-

What a complete moron. Whether or not he cleared it with Tony Romp.

Did I read that a gimp was paying $500K to wear jersey this year vs next.

First off, who ordered 500k worth of J Smith 54 Jerseys to be made. Second, who bought it (apparently not many_)

cowboyed

Reaction score
He scored an 18, which is not high.
9 is half of 18 though so that’s something maybe.
Of course I was joking, but wow 18 is a low Wonderlic score. I did not look up his Wonderlic.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Some posters don't realize how silly/misguided their posts are......lol
Surely no one is genuinely upset about it. I joked about Jaylon's number change as well. I hope he has a good year. Trust in Quinn to get Jaylon on a consistently productive path.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
who really gives a **** what number he wears? He worn #9 in HS and ND. It is so not a big deal that he wants to wear #9 for the Cowboys. I'm all for it if he plays like he did in HS and at ND. This is a total non-issue.

Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

nobody

Reaction score
Surely no one is genuinely upset about it. I joked about Jaylon's number change as well. I hope he has a good year. Trust in Quinn to get Jaylon on a consistently productive path.

Upset? No. His decision just reinforces a lot of opinions about him. That he's self-absorbed, clueless, and that his Wonderlic score was no accident. I wish him success, but I won't hold my breath that he'll magically get football instincts. I'm not even sure Quinn can get him consistent. Have you seen a lot of Jaylon's footage from last season. He was lost and mostly made plays from athleticism and luck.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy out jerseys a year before it's free for him to switch. Vane idiocy.

John813

Reaction score
Are people upset over taking #9 due to Romo or due to Smith simply changing his number when his play on the field sucks and he has a bloated ego of his play?

I just found it hilarious the guy wasted that much money over switching to #9. DGAF if it was Romo's old number.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I don't care that he is switching to #9. It is the fact that he feels the need to switch at all. It is just another example of the way this moron works. He is a self absorbed megalomaniac. Everything he does is about his brand and self promotion. He is the extreme example of the modern day NFL football player. As I have said before this is to be expected. The money is worth so much now that it will always be about the individual over the team. I do not blame the players for that but it doesn't mean I have to like it or like them. There are still the rare few that play for the love of the game and the team. I will continue to be a fan of those players as I call out POS losers like J Smooth for what they are.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
J Smooth represents everything that is wrong with this organization. We have a drunken fool at the helm that can do whatever he wants. We are the only team that would have ever drafted him and we do it in the second freaking round. Now he is the Owners precious magic bean. So year after year we invest more and more into the bean. The bean gets a roster sport even though he does not contribute. The bean gets to play every snap even though he clearly is not ready. Then the worst happens the bean plays at a reasonable level for a brief moment in time. The Owner goes insane and gives the bean everything. Now we are stuck with the bean no matter what all because a drunken clown makes the decisions.

IMHO you can see as plain as day what the coaches think of the magic bean and finally the pressure was so great on the drunken clown that he relents and the coaching staff quickly does everything they can to upgrade the position. But alas it is far too little far too late and the damage has already been done.