Twitter: Jaylon Smith Tweet

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How has he gone full Hollywood over this? Dumb take.

Because he's not dour and self-loathing due to not playing up to fans' expectations and the team having a bad season.

If players felt like fans want them to feel after losses, they'd all commit suicide.

Cas2800

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with him tweeting this. I usually dont love our guys in probowls because it bumps up their salary negotiations.
Jaylon already got paid.

But i'm never in self hating mode either.
I wonder if Jaylon realizes the Pro Bowl is played a week before the Superbowl? Shouldn’t his goal be to get to the SuperBowl? Just shows the immaturity and mindset of this team. All about individual goals.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Jaylon knows that the Cowboys players like him will be in the Pro Bowl and not the Superbowl or even the divisional round of the playoffs.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
boy he sure has went down hill least fav of my players on this team there is only one player I like and that's dak the rest can go jump in the lake bad look for a average at best player

ESisback

Reaction score
I'd have to think this is part of his management team doing this. For those offended, welcome to pro football in 2019.

Exactly! When high school players are arrogantly strutting through “presentation” videos, college players are transferring after a couple of games if they feel they’re not being positioned for the ultimate NFL payday, and players doing choreographed dances after one good play in a game their team is getting thrashed in...

morat1959

Reaction score
Wish they would bring back the cool events prior to the game.

QB accuracy competition.
Bench press
That 4 way catch challenge for the receivers
40 yard dash
etc...

Drop the game itself and make it a fun fan event again.
The Dak lovers better hope he doesn’t enter the QB accuracy competition. I’ve seen him in a few of these and it isn’t pretty!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s he supposed to say?

“Damn guys I’ve really sucked this year, don’t vote for me”.

He doesn't HAVE to say anything. Its not just the annoying self-promotion. Its his on the field demeanor celebrating tackles when his team is down 3 scores in the 4th quarter.......celebrating over injured opponents. He's become a very unlikable player.

superonyx

Reaction score
I wonder if Jaylon realizes the Pro Bowl is played a week before the Superbowl? Shouldn’t his goal be to get to the SuperBowl? Just shows the immaturity and mindset of this team. All about individual goals.
Please. So you want him to ask for fans to vote him into the Super Bowl.
This is on the same level as fans getting mad at Romo for showing Carrie Underwood what his ceiling tiles look like instead of studying his playbook.

Pretending humans live in an either or world reflects only on you and not the people you are casting your dispersions on.

Silly

Reaction score
I generally don't get into bashing players but this selfishness at it's best. You don't promote YOUR performance when your team is struggling below 500-ball. He's a young guy and will learn hopefully but this is wrong, plain and simple.

I really think these NFL players should hire PR firms. I know they are just trying to promote themselves with Tweedledee and Tweedledum, but it just doesn't work.

blueblood70

Reaction score

cant find many officially missed tackle stats but found this and we do NOT lead the nfl, hard to go through all of it but go down to bottom graph far right Mtckl

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

has AZ-116
lions 106
chargers 102
bucs103
Cowboys 104
Jags 101

but there are MANY at 97 area and goes down from there..

not great to be near the top but theres not big gap from say 2-16 we are talking 6-7 tackles...so it looks like lots of teams share this issue, sure would be nice to be in lower 16 but this stat is overblown and really not official..

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He lead the league in tackles but I feel most of our guys leading at their respective positions don't deserve making the pro bowl as poorly they have played together

superonyx

Reaction score
He doesn't HAVE to say anything. Its not just the annoying self-promotion. Its his on the field demeanor celebrating tackles when his team is down 3 scores in the 4th quarter.......celebrating over injured opponents. He's become a very unlikable player.
When the team is having the season we are having these celebrations and all the things you brought up make you unlikeable.
When the team is winning then these same things are called a leadership and motivating his teammates.

I’m not calling you out. I get it. But it’s funny how the same actions are spun different ways based on the final scores.

If he was somber and angry people would say he is pouting and giving up.
This is typical fan reaction to being upset about crap we can’t control.