Jaylon, the pass rusher

gmoney112

Reaction score
We don't blitz that much, but Jaylon could definitely allow us to blitz more often than we do currently, and more successfully.

He could be a dangerous addition to the pass rush in nickel formations for sure. I love Sean Lee but he's just not a great blitzer.

Nexx

Reaction score
his power is what stands out to me the most.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Do you guys realize that the elite passers - Brady, Ryan and Rodgers, for example - are actually better against the blitz than when you pressure with four rushers?

Reaction score
At this point, I have to believe no news is NOT good news. The ambiguous updates from Jaylon himself and the Cowboys FO is not comforting to me on his recovery. And the random videos of him working out that are released always appear to be under strict conditions in order to control perception.

Possibly I missed but still have not come across a definitive update, from a medical expert point of view, on his progress.

It's like all those grainy bigfoot videos where the photographic technology is available to get crystal clear pictures but the guy taking the shots has a flip phone.

#NOTClearEyeView

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you guys realize that the elite passers - Brady, Ryan and Rodgers, for example - are actually better against the blitz than when you pressure with four rushers?

Right, let's get the basic pass rush working first. Worry about any blitzes later. Which we always seem to not get there in time. We do lack speed there. But get the pass rush first.

Reaction score
At this point, I have to believe no news is NOT good news. The ambiguous updates from Jaylon himself and the Cowboys FO is not comforting to me on his recovery. And the random videos of him working out that are released always appear to be under strict conditions in order to control perception.

Possibly I missed but still have not come across a definitive update, from a medical expert point of view, on his progress.

It's like all those grainy bigfoot videos where the photographic technology is available to get crystal clear pictures but the guy taking the shots has a flip phone.

#NOTClearEyeView
The best news we've got as to Jaylon is the fact that we've brought in no 4-3 LBs for draft visits and did not sign any free agent LBs. If the FO had serious doubts about whether Jaylon was playing this year, you'd think they'd consider drafting a LB or signing one as a contingency.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#NOTClearEyeView

Why does the team need to tell us anything...if so it would be the usual...DAY to DAY...
We have no updates on Hanna or Swaim either. Nothing on Green how he is holding up. And also the coaching staff / players have had no contact until this past Monday. I know Smith has bee rehabbing, but probably with the training staff.
No updates on DLaw and his back either.