Jaylon, the pass rusher

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
At this point, I have to believe no news is NOT good news. The ambiguous updates from Jaylon himself and the Cowboys FO is not comforting to me on his recovery. And the random videos of him working out that are released always appear to be under strict conditions in order to control perception.

Possibly I missed but still have not come across a definitive update, from a medical expert point of view, on his progress.

It's like all those grainy bigfoot videos where the photographic technology is available to get crystal clear pictures but the guy taking the shots has a flip phone.

#NOTClearEyeView
So jaylon being involved with the voluntary workouts and the team (I think JJ or SJ) saying he will be involved in all offseason programs isn't good news?

Reaction score
Why does the team need to tell us anything...if so it would be the usual...DAY to DAY...
We have no updates on Hanna or Swaim either. Nothing on Green how he is holding up. And also the coaching staff / players have had no contact until this past Monday. I know Smith has bee rehabbing, but probably with the training staff.
No updates on DLaw and his back either.
they don't have to tell us anything but they've commented on him dozens of times and every time it seems like robot speak where a lot of nothing is said.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best news we've got as to Jaylon is the fact that we've brought in no 4-3 LBs for draft visits and did not sign any free agent LBs. If the FO had serious doubts about whether Jaylon was playing this year, you'd think they'd consider drafting a LB or signing one as a contingency.

That is what I am waiting to see, if they draft a MLB fairly high. However, they need LB's regardless IMO. And if they do, and are asked about it, they will just say he was BPA.
But to me, you can never have enough LB's and DB's.

Reaction score
So jaylon being involved with the voluntary workouts and the team (I think JJ or SJ) saying he will be involved in all offseason programs isn't good news?
someone, I guess, could "participate" in the offseason program that limited and/or wearing a brace to compensate for his condition. All I'm saying is I'd like to hear a medical expert opinion on his progress - those experts that were involved in early on when the FO decided to draft him.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Do you guys realize that the elite passers - Brady, Ryan and Rodgers, for example - are actually better against the blitz than when you pressure with four rushers?
Do u realize u don't play an entire season against 3-5 QBs... gotta be versatile on defense depending on the situation. Rodgers in the 2014 playoffs wouldn't have been very good against the blitz.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
someone, I guess, could "participate" in the offseason program that limited and/or wearing a brace to compensate for his condition. All I'm saying is I'd like to hear a medical expert opinion on his progress - those experts that were involved in early on when the FO decided to draft him.
See for me that would be a red flag, how often do ya ever hear from those guys?

Maxmadden

Reaction score

I think the main reason they don't say anything is it is against the law.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Didn't Jaylon say he could have played in the playoffs, that he was cleared, but the team decided otherwise.
Maybe it was all BS, but from what we have read and heard from Jaylon, he doesn't seem that type of guy. But you never know.

I still will not count on him until I actually see him out on the field and see how he does and looks. And then want to see him in a preseason game.
But still, they do not have to tell us squat. Especially right now, before the draft when a lot of BS flies from all teams, as not to tip their strategies.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
5 minutes of practice followed by multiple plays where he didn't even affect the passer. I guess he's really good at coming in unblocked.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The way Jaylon manages to fight off the blocks of those bigger offensive linemen is really impressive. Pound for pound, his strength, effort and quickness is extremely impressive, to say the least. Even if he isn't totally 100% when the season begins, I think he might very well be a full step better as a pass rusher than anyone we currently have in house. I can hardly wait to see him perform in TC.