Jeannie Buss could have been Cowboys owner

John813

Reaction score
Without Jerry we don't get Jimmy and we don't get the Walker trade or become the team of the 90's.

I don't care for Jerry's meddling hands either, but the teams peak success in the 90's was due to Jerry buying this team and bringing in Jimmy. He's also responsible for the last 25 years too.

So, maybe this team is better off right now, but I doubt we would have 3 superbowl wins since 1989.

dckid

Reaction score
We sold our souls for those championships.
We did. Firing Jimmy is the Red Sox trading Ruth.
We are further away from a SB berth then I could have imagined.
This whole organization needs to be burned and rebuilt like Batman did to Wayne Manor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We did. Firing Jimmy is the Red Sox trading Ruth.
We are further away from a SB berth then I could have imagined.
This whole organization needs to be burned and rebuilt like Batman did to Wayne Manor.
Wow. I didn’t know Batman burned down Wayne Manor.

Proof

Reaction score
You are right. I am letting the 3 SB’s of my youth cloud my judgement. There is no excuse for the ost 25 years. As I have said in the first past Jerry Does not care about SB wins like us fans do. He does not have the motivation. He is all about being in the limelight, just keep growing the brand. SB wins is probably 10th on the list of his yearly goals.

while i agree, my point was more in relation to the dude who touted the lakers winning a title as absolving Jeannie from any of her many, many blunders. So I was saying well, we've got three under Jerry, so what's the point of pining for Jeannie?

jsb357

Reaction score
Does Jeanie have one of these jackets? Asking for a friend.

usatsi_10202151.jpg

Jerry is a marketing genius and could sell sand to a desert full of scorpions.
That's the only reason he's in the HOF

blueblood70

Reaction score
Her father , Dr Jerry Buss, was one of the reported higher bids that wasn’t accepted by Bum Bright in 1989.

Jeannie just became the first female owner in NBA to win a championship.

Dr Buss and Mavericks owner Donald Carter were two of the bids rejected for Jerry whose lower offer paying cash was more attractive to Bum who was facing bankruptcy.

Both NBA owners would have needed to sell their majority ownership to qualify and taken additional time for Bum facing financial strains. And the fact Jerry was rumored he’d fire Landry also fueled the decision by Bum who was frustrated with the agreement he made when purchased the team that it was Tex’s decision.

What could have been...

th
and most likely doesnt hire Jimmy Johnson and we dont win 3 Sbs in 4years..so who really cares about what ifs from 30years ago..be upset at jerry all you want we have 3 Sbs because he bought the team and hired Jimmy

dckid

Reaction score
while i agree, my point was more in relation to the dude who touted the lakers winning a title as absolving Jeannie from any of her many, many blunders. So I was saying well, we've got three under Jerry, so what's the point of pining for Jeannie?
Not pining for Jeannie. But I do want a new owner for the next 25....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wasn't there some Chinese company in the bidding also?

Japanese group was interested

New speculation about the sale of the Dallas Cowboys - known as "America's Team" to many - apparently includes a group of businessmen from Japan.

NBC reporter Jim Gray, appearing Sunday on the program NFL Live, said a group of Japanese businessmen had approached the Cowboys wanting to negotiate a purchase.Gray said he had spoken to Cowboys president Tex Schramm.

"He told me that, `Yes, we have had some offers we are entertaining, but everybody says they have money,' " Gray quoted Schramm as saying. "I then asked him if the Cowboys would in fact sell to a group of foreign investors and he said, `Maybe. That depends, but that decision would be up to (team owner) Bum Bright.' "

Meanwhile, Dallas Times Herald columnist Skip Bayless reported Sunday that Dallas Mavericks owner Donald Carter - a Dallas native - had made an initial offer to buy the Cowboys.

The NFL has a rule against its owners aquiring teams in other sports. But Carter said he could sell the Mavericks to his wife, Linda, and prove he did nothing more than attend games. Carter said he has asked NBA commissioner Donald Stern "if he'd mind having Linda as a governor (or owner). He said he wouldn't."

https://www.deseret.com/1988/11/14/18784241/japanese-to-buy-america-s-team

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and most likely doesnt hire Jimmy Johnson and we dont win 3 Sbs in 4years..so who really cares about what ifs from 30years ago..be upset at jerry all you want we have 3 Sbs because he bought the team and hired Jimmy
You’re assuming they wouldn’t have won any Super Bowls.

Proof

Reaction score
Not pining for Jeannie. But I do want a new owner for the next 25....

sorry. again, not you. the OP. you just underscored a point of mine. And yes, I'd love new ownership as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You’re assuming they wouldn’t have won any Super Bowls.

easy assume on a hypothetical when we have evidence we won 3sbs in the jerry era..only two in the Landry era, odd reality sux because you wish jerry gone...

so no they dont win 3 sbs in hypothetical ownership that never happened 30years ago,.. i can say that easily no fake sbs were won with fake ownership scenarios..none zip zero..

how stupid does your response sound..

we have evidence that Jerrys era has 3 Sbs in 31 years and in the same time period Bum Bright had TWO that one less if you do the math..
some of us choose not to live in fantasy football land arguing fake sbs vs real ones..

not even for fun ..idiotic to even consider it..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Lol, it was still a good post.
The Lakers went through the first several years in pure embarrassment under her and her brother's tenure, but she ended up getting the job done.
She had to go Orf-With-His-Head on the bumbling brother before things got better.

She made a few mistakes but ultimately it got better when she completely took over

Diehardblues

Reaction score
easy assume on a hypothetical when we have evidence we won 3sbs in the jerry era..only two in the Landry era, odd reality sux because you wish jerry gone...

so no they dont win 3 sbs in hypothetical ownership that never happened 30years ago,.. i can say that easily no fake sbs were won with fake ownership scenarios..none zip zero..

how stupid does your response sound..

we have evidence that Jerrys era has 3 Sbs in 31 years and in the same time period Bum Bright had TWO that one less if you do the math..
some of us choose not to live in fantasy football land arguing fake sbs vs real ones..

not even for fun ..idiotic to even consider it..
The fact we won 2 Super Bowls and attended 5 along with 12 championship appearances , I’d argue the odds are favorable we could have had as much or more success than with Jerry without all of the ridiculousness.

I cant imagine anyone who wouldnt rather have the Landry era than Jerry era.

And I’d wager anyone who did didn’t live thru the Landry era.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The fact we won 2 Super Bowls and attended 5 along with 12 championship appearances , I’d argue the odds are favorable we could have had as much or more success than with Jerry without all of the ridiculousness.

I cant imagine anyone who wouldn't rather have the Landry era than Jerry era.

And I’d wager anyone who did didn’t live thru the Landry era.
you argue over a hypothetical situation , you would try to debate whether it was raining if we were standing outside in the rain nd try to explain why its not real rain just form of condensation. Its your nature, sad but true..

get over yourself.. Jerry Kept the DC relative and gave us 3 more SBs and kept the team relative as Americas Team...

your scenario is DUMB ITS FAKE IT WAS 30 YEARS ago an never happened but you would argue what might have been vs what did

idiotic thought process..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you argue over a hypothetical situation , you would try to debate whether it was raining if we were standing outside in the rain nd try to explain why its not real rain just form of condensation. Its your nature, sad but true..

get over yourself.. Jerry Kept the DC relative and gave us 3 more SBs and kept the team relative as Americas Team...

your scenario is DUMB ITS FAKE IT WAS 30 YEARS ago an never happened but you would argue what might have been vs what did

idiotic thought process..
Not at all . There had already been rumors Tex would pursue a HC like a Jimmy once Tom retired.

I’m not sure why we think Jerry is the only one who could have won Super Bowls ?

Beyond Jimmys Years the Cowboys have been an embarrassment . I would have much rather taken my chances with someone else.

blueblood70

Reaction score
there is no would of could of Jerry hired Jimmy paid jimmy gave jimmy the power to build the team WITH HIM,,they were friends and colleges teammates and Jimmy never gets his shot without jerry..they go hand in hand and your argument is 100% moot...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
there is no would of could of Jerry hired Jimmy paid jimmy gave jimmy the power to build the team WITH HIM,,they were friends and colleges teammates and Jimmy never gets his shot without jerry..they go hand in hand and your argument is 100% moot...
We don’t know that for sure. Jimmy was certain to make the leap to the NFL. Regardless, whose to say we might not have had similar success with another HC and ownership.

Im not as certain it was worth selling our souls for the rest of this era with the early success with Jimmy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
where was this famed accountability w/ magic johnson when he was a laughing stock as gm
You realize he was removed for failing to accomplish what the organization expected?

The Lakers told Magic fricken Johnson to step down or be fired.

The Cowboys held onto Jason Garrett for a decade. Not to mention an awful GM for 20 years.