Jeannie Buss could have been Cowboys owner

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Her father , Dr Jerry Buss, was one of the reported higher bids that wasn’t accepted by Bum Bright in 1989.

Jeannie just became the first female owner in NBA to win a championship.

Dr Buss and Mavericks owner Donald Carter were two of the bids rejected for Jerry whose lower offer paying cash was more attractive to Bum who was facing bankruptcy.

Both NBA owners would have needed to sell their majority ownership to qualify and taken additional time for Bum facing financial strains. And the fact Jerry was rumored he’d fire Landry also fueled the decision by Bum who was frustrated with the agreement he made when purchased the team that it was Tex’s decision.

What could have been...

th

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’m trying to get mods fix . I missed on spell ck. Dummy me
Lol, it was still a good post.
The Lakers went through the first several years in pure embarrassment under her and her brother's tenure, but she ended up getting the job done.
She had to go Orf-With-His-Head on the bumbling brother before things got better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The other stipulation about the sell. Bum Bright could not bring himself to fire Landry and wanted the new owner to do it.
Not that it should have mattered to Bum, as he would not be involved anymore.

The other prospective owners were not willing to accept those terms. As they may have wanted to keep Tom, or wanted him fired 1st so they were not the ones to do it.

Jerry said he had no issues with it. So he got the bid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The other stipulation about the sell. Bum Bright could not bring himself to fire Landry and wanted the new owner to do it.
Not that it should have mattered to Bum, as he would not be involved anymore.

The other prospective owners were not willing to accept those terms. As they may have wanted to keep Tom, or wanted him fired 1st so they were not the ones to do it.

Jerry said he had no issues with it. So he got the bid.
Murchison has a clause in the contract that didn’t allow Bum to fire Tom without Tex.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Lakers are my NBA team (I'm all Los Angeles teams except for the NFL)

You guys wouldn't like her. She puts winning above everything and she's not afraid to hire and fire people that aren't getting the job done.

She even had her brother ( who had first crack after Dr. Buss passed) removed so she can hire a competent GM.

That's yucky. Here in Dallas we like our nepotistic executives to be arrogant, incompetent, and with zero accountability.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He meant to say Gary Busey.

d2968e86c0091a51a970949f18b0d27a.jpg
Hey! Just give him a motorcycle and watch the fun.
Then watch his son's roles just for the teeth shots.
Start with Starship Troopers.

I swear he was meant for the film 300 with all the radiation-white teeth, but they missed the boat I guess.

cern

Reaction score
Tex was handling the sale. One of his provisions to prospective buyers was that he and tom remained and management status quo would remain unchanged. Jerry circumvented tex by going directly to bum and making sure he could fire landry. Tex knew he wasn't going to be around much longer either.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hey! Just give him a motorcycle and watch the fun.
Then watch his son's roles just for the teeth shots.
Start with Starship Troopers.

I swear he was meant for the film 300 with all the teeth, but they missed the boat, I guess.
Thank goodness they fixed it for me. What a Shonda . Lol

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Her father , Dr Jerry Buss, was one of the reported higher bids that wasn’t accepted by Bum Bright in 1989.

Jeannie just became the first female owner in NBA to win a championship.

Dr Buss and Mavericks owner Donald Carter were two of the bids rejected for Jerry whose lower offer paying cash was more attractive to Bum who was facing bankruptcy.

Both NBA owners would have needed to sell their majority ownership to qualify and taken additional time for Bum facing financial strains. And the fact Jerry was rumored he’d fire Landry also fueled the decision by Bum who was frustrated with the agreement he made when purchased the team that it was Tex’s decision.

What could have been...

Wouldn't that of been way more better then what we have!! I couldn't even enjoy the Lakers win last night. Kept thinking about Dak. And at this point at least. I really don't care much about the remainder of the season. At least as of today. But getting back to Buss. He would of moved out the way and "if" he was smart enough to let Jimmy stay GM. We'd never had over 20 years of the crap we've had thus far. But way to go LAKERS!!!!! 17 titles. And I'd rather have kept Buss in LA if he had to give up the Lakers for Dallas...:hammer:

th