Jeannie Buss could have been Cowboys owner

Proof

Reaction score
You realize he was removed for failing to accomplish what the organization expected?

The Lakers told Magic fricken Johnson to step down or be fired.

The Cowboys held onto Jason Garrett for a decade. Not to mention an awful GM for 20 years.
Nahhhhh. He left on his own accord after Palinka was stabbing him in the back. The bottom line is she hired friends in key positions, failed catastrophically and Lebron came in and saved the day.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Nahhhhh. He left on his own accord after Palinka was stabbing him in the back. The bottom line is she hired friends in key positions, failed catastrophically and Lebron came in and saved the day.
Sure.

I'm just mesmerized about her doing what it takes and righting the ship after a 10-year absence from The Finals, winning another Larry O'Brien Trophy.

I realize this concept is lost on Cowboy fans.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Her father , Dr Jerry Buss, was one of the reported higher bids that wasn’t accepted by Bum Bright in 1989.

Jeannie just became the first female owner in NBA to win a championship.

Dr Buss and Mavericks owner Donald Carter were two of the bids rejected for Jerry whose lower offer paying cash was more attractive to Bum who was facing bankruptcy.

Both NBA owners would have needed to sell their majority ownership to qualify and taken additional time for Bum facing financial strains. And the fact Jerry was rumored he’d fire Landry also fueled the decision by Bum who was frustrated with the agreement he made when purchased the team that it was Tex’s decision.

What could have been...

th
what?? she has mismanaged the team for years. Basketball has only 5 players on court at a time, its basically tennis. A 5 times a century type player wants to sign there, then work his magic to get one other player to join him, you can hardly give much credit to the owner. Thats silly "bottom line" mentality

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The Lakers are my NBA team (I'm all Los Angeles teams except for the NFL)

You guys wouldn't like her. She puts winning above everything and she's not afraid to hire and fire people that aren't getting the job done.

She even had her brother ( who had first crack after Dr. Buss passed) removed so she can hire a competent GM.

That's yucky. Here in Dallas we like our nepotistic executives to be arrogant, incompetent, and with zero accountability.

I'm a Laker fan too and I agree folks in these parts wouldn't like how she operates with her fine self. I had a crush on her when I was kid lol

Proof

Reaction score
Sure.

I'm just mesmerized about her doing what it takes and righting the ship after a 10-year absence from The Finals, winning another Larry O'Brien Trophy.

I realize this concept is lost on Cowboy fans.

you're mesmerized alright, but your points are all wrong. any hoo, this bores me. Jeannie is terribad. Congrats tho!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
what?? she has mismanaged the team for years. Basketball has only 5 players on court at a time, its basically tennis. A 5 times a century type player wants to sign there, then work his magic to get one other player to join him, you can hardly give much credit to the owner. Thats silly "bottom line" mentality
“ it’s basically tennis” ????

RS12

Reaction score
easy assume on a hypothetical when we have evidence we won 3sbs in the jerry era..only two in the Landry era, odd reality sux because you wish jerry gone...

so no they dont win 3 sbs in hypothetical ownership that never happened 30years ago,.. i can say that easily no fake sbs were won with fake ownership scenarios..none zip zero..

how stupid does your response sound..

we have evidence that Jerrys era has 3 Sbs in 31 years and in the same time period Bum Bright had TWO that one less if you do the math..
some of us choose not to live in fantasy football land arguing fake sbs vs real ones..

not even for fun ..idiotic to even consider it..
Bum Bright never won a SB as owner. That was Cliint Murchison who started with an expansion team. Hired good people, knew what he didn't know, stayed out of their way and let them do their jobs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We don’t know that for sure. Jimmy was certain to make the leap to the NFL. Regardless, whose to say we might not have had similar success with another HC and ownership.

Im not as certain it was worth selling our souls for the rest of this era with the early success with Jimmy.
Miami win a SB?

proof..but keep arguing over a hypothetical, its you , wear it i guess..ughh what a ..........

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bum Bright never won a SB as owner. That was Cliint Murchison who started with an expansion team. Hired good people, knew what he didn't know, stayed out of their way and let them do their jobs.
good they won 2 Jerry won 3 and? they both kept the DC as Americas team....all this hub bub over a bs hypothetical is laughable who freaking cares!!

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Honestly,
I would rather Charlotte Jones GM the DC than the 2 Pa and son bozo's in there right now. She would get the right people around her (without ego). I ready where she has been very successful with all her business endeavors.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Her father , Dr Jerry Buss, was one of the reported higher bids that wasn’t accepted by Bum Bright in 1989.

Jeannie just became the first female owner in NBA to win a championship.

Dr Buss and Mavericks owner Donald Carter were two of the bids rejected for Jerry whose lower offer paying cash was more attractive to Bum who was facing bankruptcy.

Both NBA owners would have needed to sell their majority ownership to qualify and taken additional time for Bum facing financial strains. And the fact Jerry was rumored he’d fire Landry also fueled the decision by Bum who was frustrated with the agreement he made when purchased the team that it was Tex’s decision.

What could have been...

th

I'd give back those 3 super bowl wins and take my chances if it meant I never had to see jeri & spawn attached to this organization

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
“ it’s basically tennis” ????
football 11 vs 11
tennis 1 vs 1

basketball 5 vs 5

I was exaggerating but my point was 1 person (Lebron) makes all the difference when added

I think my point was fairly obvious but I dont mind clarifying

Diehardblues

Reaction score
football 11 vs 11
tennis 1 vs 1

basketball 5 vs 5

I was exaggerating but my point was 1 person (Lebron) makes all the difference when added

I think my point was fairly obvious but I dont mind clarifying
Obviously he needs a supporting cast. They found that out in Cleveland his first 7 years much like with Jordan his first 7 years in Chicago.

So no, I don’t think the the tennis analogy works where it’s truly 1 on 1.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Two totally different worlds. Maybe we'd be more successful, maybe we wouldn't have won the three in the 90s.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Obviously he needs a supporting cast. They found that out in Cleveland his first 7 years much like with Jordan his first 7 years in Chicago.

So no, I don’t think the the tennis analogy works where it’s truly 1 on 1.
You are harping on one detail and ignoring the gist. I already said it was an exaggeration so it was therefore it is not an analogy. My point then as it is now is that basketball as compared to football is a sport where you can 1 or 2 players and it takes you from a last place team to a champion. That is obvious, that is clear, I've now said it three times. To think Buss is some great owner because James signed with the Lakers is foolish. Try looking at people's posts holistically in the future and not wasting your time and others time by harping on a word or two.