Recap: Jeff Cavanaugh/Jesse Holley: Drama between Parsons & Hooker

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Can someone give me the CliffNotes version of what happened here?
This was all on a fish show last week. Others are using it now.(
hooker said micah spends too much time on podcasts and not enough preparing for games, which would be last season. Hooker said this on a pod cast lol but it is off season)
micah then gets on twitter and says others are not getting prepared for games either, and that hooker should have called him and talked to him.
Again here why doesnt micah call hooker??

Could be why they looked so bad in GB game, no players spent much time preparing for the game, and more time was spent preparing
victory partys ! yeah no need to prepare for the lowly packers !

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well we all wanted to know what happened in the GB and why this team looked so disjointed the reasons are leaking out. This team has a leadership and locker room issue, and guys are not preparing like they should.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
“Micah shouldn’t have said something on social media”

But it’s fine that Hooker said something on social media in the first place?
Exactly.......since when it okay to call out your teammate in public? IF hooker had handled this privately we are not even talking about it. Imagine if TO or Dez called out Romo for spending too much time playing golf. Fans would have been all over Dez or TO for not addressing the issue privately. I'm not excusing Parsons coz he could have taken the high road but good lord, Hooker certainly doesn't get a free pass. This is odd coz there is an unspoken code in locker rooms.........stay out of teammate's business and money. Hooker is a seasoned vet which makes his comments even more surprising.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This place has become the Dak and Micah hate zone.

CD will be next.

So what these unhappy people do is that the best players who they know others appreciate and turn against them so they can whine and fight 12 months of the year with cowboys fans.
I don’t get why people even care that much.

It’s clear to me that the Jones’s don’t care about winning. It’s all about relevancy and entertainment.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I don’t get why people even care that much.

It’s clear to me that the Jones’s don’t care about winning. It’s all about relevancy and entertainment.
It's hard. I definitely don't care as much as I used to. I can't even name more than one of our recent draft picks. I've never really cared about TC. I'll still take my boy to a PS game, but I'm selling all my tix.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And myself, and I assume you, after Micah's first year I thought this man is gonna dominate this league. Seems to have a lot more interests than becoming one of the best in NFL history. It's unfortunate.
He hasn't dominated anything and people are seriously just stuck on his first season he took the league by surprise. Have yet to see him take over a game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Charles Haley would’ve straightened up Parsons in the first week he was signed.
My guess is that Haley probably wouldn't have put up with Micah's ways of doing things. Whether or not he'd manage to find a way to convince Micah that he was out of line is something that I would have loved to learn about.

I'll be hoping that Micah and Hooker can smooth things out in one way or another but it's anyone's guess if it's likely or not. Maybe they'll find a way to get along, but I wouldn't bet on it. I just hope they'll both grow up and settle their differences for the good of the team. That should be a common goal that both should want to do.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My guess is that Haley probably wouldn't have put up with Micah's ways of doing things. Whether or not he'd manage to find a way to convince Micah that he was out of line is something that I would have loved to learn about.

I'll be hoping that Micah and Hooker can smooth things out in one way or another but it's anyone's guess if it's likely or not. Maybe they'll find a way to get along, but I wouldn't bet on it. I just hope they'll both grow up and settle their differences for the good of the team. That should be a common goal that both should want to do.
Haley put his fist through the locker room wall during Emmitts holdout telling Jerry to sign him now. Haley would’ve set Parson’s straight in the first week he was brought in. Old school, not like the quitters we have today. Just look at those here.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Haley put his fist through the locker room wall during Emmitts holdout telling Jerry to sign him now. Haley would’ve set Parson’s straight in the first week he was brought in. Old school, not like the quitters we have today. Just look at those here.
Haley and Parsons aren't available as a twosome at this point in time. I doubt that Haley is aware of exactly what is happening with this team at this point in time, though. There should be those in the Dallas locker room who could share their thoughts with Parsons. Let's hope they do.

Jerry is a tough nut to crack when it comes to giving in to those around him these days. At some point, Stephen is the best bet to talk sense to Jerry and possibly change his thinking. Of course, it doesn't help that Stephen is a big part of the problem, either. Someone should talk to him, as well. I'm betting he's likely just as hard to approach as Jerry is. The Dallas FO has a habit of getting things to go their way, unfortunately. it's called power.

To be honest, I doubt Stephen is willing to reconsider his stubborn habit of kicking the can down the road when it comes to restructuring contracts, however. Not good. That's bound to be a difficult bargaining point, imho. Self-realization with the Cowboys' FO has long been in denial. That must change. The main hope for that to come about will be if the money stops rolling in like it has in the past. Good luck with that. It's almost impossible.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
For a guy who fancies himself as a team leader, Micah Parsons certainly doesn't know how to live up to it with his mouth. :facepalm:

It's sad to see this happening. Leadership has to be show more than just on the field. Getting along with teammates counts, too.
Sack leader, and that's about where it stops with Micha. He'd be a better player on a team like Baltimore or somewhere that has established vets and leaders who can help him mature and some day lead on his own.

The problem here is he came in day one and was far and away the defensive identity without any vets to push him or guide him. As much as I appreciate Dlaw he was more concerned with Hot Boyz trash than leading.

In fact who leads on the team period? While I think Dak has some traits, he's not the type to hold guys accountable. Unfortunately leaders have to do so.

CWR

Reaction score
Amen. They are all far too concerned with being bffs and getting paid. I wish we had a Haley or Aikman type to push these guys, and hold them accountable.

Sydla

Reaction score
This was all on a fish show last week. Others are using it now.(
hooker said micah spends too much time on podcasts and not enough preparing for games, which would be last season. Hooker said this on a pod cast lol but it is off season)
micah then gets on twitter and says others are not getting prepared for games either, and that hooker should have called him and talked to him.
Again here why doesnt micah call hooker??

Could be why they looked so bad in GB game, no players spent much time preparing for the game, and more time was spent preparing
victory partys ! yeah no need to prepare for the lowly packers !
Oh, so just typical offseason Cowboys drama?

LOL, this franchise.........