Jeff Heath haters

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

If you still hate him then you are just stubborn. I haven’t seen a cowboy safety make this many plays on the ball since......Roy/Woodson. And many of you thought Wilcox bum *** was better just because politics had him starting over Heath. The play in the video with Wilcox trying to take away Heaths interception is fitting. Some of you just hate being wrong. It’s quite sad. Like the guy in the video said, if it’s luck how come Byron rarely gets (lucky)? :thumbup:

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Some players are labeled on one play. Romo the botched field goal made him a choker, Heath being trucked by Peterson at the goall line. I don’t think many look past that one play

I never thought he was tricked by Peterson. If another cowboy wouldn’t have come in and hit them I thinkenhenwouldnhave held Peterson

DanA

Reaction score
I agree with Panchucko.

Heath was below average as a rookie with some highlight reel bad plays. He's gotten better but the rookie season and highlight reel bad plays have stuck with some fans. In saying that I don't think he's a better player than Church was so I wouldn't agree with the best since Woody/Roy implications. I do think Heath is still improving though, which is a testament to his fantastic work ethic. Interestingly I like him better in a deeper role than as a box safety, if there's a weakness in his game it's that I think he misses too many tackles.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I agree with Panchucko.

Heath was below average as a rookie with some highlight reel bad plays. He's gotten better but the rookie season and highlight reel bad plays have stuck with some fans. In saying that I don't think he's a better player than Church was so I wouldn't agree with the best since Woody/Roy implications. I do think Heath is still improving though, which is a testament to his fantastic work ethic. Interestingly I like him better in a deeper role than as a box safety, if there's a weakness in his game it's that I think he misses too many tackles.
this I agree with. Anybody saying he sucks in coverage should be banned from watching Cowboy games. Him and Woods should make a nice tandem on third and long.

visionary

Reaction score
Let's go with the "he's not horrible" defense

That usually works and those looking for improvement over "not horrible " don't have any answers :muttley:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Every team needs JAGs to fill the roster. Heath was thrust into a starting role when he wasn’t ready in 2013 due to unjuries and the hate from that will never be overcome. The roster can’t have Pro Bowl players across the board. For a JAG and one of our weak links, he isn’t as bad as many attempt to make him out to be. I wouldn’t mind an upgrade but I’m not looking at Heath as a scapegoat. Byron Jones being a first round pick has disappointed me much more than Heath has because I expect more out of a 1st round pick.

The Natural

Reaction score
:rolleyes: He's not the answer. Im not saying you cant do some creative stuff to maximize his try hardness in situational downs, but we havent had any creative coaches in a long while. He blows just as many plays as he makes.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That #38 is SPECIAL!
Just why self proclaimed 'fans' of the team he guns for are openly of the disgruntled caliber of his exhibited exploits is a puzzling bafflement, considering his brief span of employment,,, I RECKON/WAGER it stems from that "I'm PERFECT, why can't he be" FANTASY PROJECTION syndrome they openly espouse thru keystrokes o_O

* cool thing about being a DALLAS fan is being able in appreciating the talented eye of the Captain on Deck& just 'who' is of worth to man a post aboard ship *

DanA

Reaction score
I rate him below Hitchens, above TW and on par with Crawford for his position. The difference being he's paid a hell of a lot less so I like him more.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He's good depth, but a our weakest link in regards to starters. Plays well on special teams.

Hopefully we find an upgrade in the draft. He's good in packages that highlight his strenghs, but he's not a starter.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Every team needs JAGs to fill the roster. Heath was thrust into a starting role when he wasn’t ready in 2013 due to unjuries and the hate from that will never be overcome. The roster can’t have Pro Bowl players across the board. For a JAG and one of our weak links, he isn’t as bad as many attempt to make him out to be. I wouldn’t mind an upgrade but I’m not looking at Heath as a scapegoat. Byron Jones being a first round pick has disappointed me much more than Heath has because I expect more out of a 1st round pick.
For a team that tries to build through the draft that 2015 draft/season was horrible and set the team back. Aside from BJones (who is an average DB) what guy from that draft has made significant contributions?

For all those who state that the coaches ruined Byron, let's think for a minute. If he was so great at his position then he doesn't get moved. Yes, the cowboys like position flex but not when you have a stud.

Zack Martin hasn't been moved, DLAW hasn't been moved and only until last season did he really show what he could do. When your average/decent your behind gets moved whenever necessary.

Byron gets moved for the same reason ty Craw gets moved. Not bad enough to cut or bench, but certainly not solid or above average at there position to stay there.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He's good depth, but a our weakest link in regards to starters. Plays well on special teams.

Hopefully we find an upgrade in the draft. He's good in packages that highlight his strenghs, but he's not a starter.
He’s the weakest link but Byron got benched for Frazier. You’re a Cowboys fan though, right? At least know your team bruh

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He’s the weakest link but Byron got benched for Frazier. You’re a Cowboys fan though, right? At least know your team bruh

Jesus christ, no he didnt get benched for Frazier. He rotated with Frazier on obvious running downs.

I know the team better than you do. If Heath is a starter on your team, you won't sniff the ship.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Jesus christ, no he didnt get benched for Frazier. He rotated with Frazier on obvious running downs.

I know the team better than you do. If Heath is a starter on your team, you won't sniff the ship.
Oh you call it rotated lol. Why didn’t Frazier rotate with the (weakest link)? And you’re wrong not only about Byron really being the weak link. Scandrick and Collins are weaker starters than Heath. And Crawford. Patrick Chung won a ring. Stop playin games with me