Jeff Heath haters

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Nice play and all but I’d rather have a SS that’s a wall against the run and isn’t consistently 5 steps late in coverage on deep balls. Thinking Heath is merely average is not hating on him, it’s just recognizing the truth. He is the epitome of the type of player that has a spot because his team won’t spend money at that position but the fans always want to see upgraded to a better player. He could be a nice depth and/or rotational player but if he is on the field all the time, the other team is schemeing to attack his coverage area repeatedly.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Nice play and all but I’d rather have a SS that’s a wall against the run and isn’t consistently 5 steps late in coverage on deep balls. Thinking Heath is merely average is not hating on him, it’s just recognizing the truth. He is the epitome of the type of player that has a spot because his team won’t spend money at that position but the fans always want to see upgraded to a better player. He could be a nice depth and/or rotational player but if he is on the field all the time, the other team is schemeing to attack his coverage area repeatedly.
what games did this work? Serious question

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Oh you call it rotated lol. Why didn’t Frazier rotate with the (weakest link)? And you’re wrong not only about Byron really being the weak link. Scandrick and Collins are weaker starters than Heath. And Crawford. Patrick Chung won a ring. Stop playin games with me

Being benched would mean that the player being benched had his starting spot taken away from another player. Byron played below 70% of snaps in any game 1 time all of last year. Including playing 80 and 82% of snaps in the last two weeks. Is that what you meant by "being benched" lol. That's called rotating. If you need any other clarification im here to help.

Wow, what an uninformed post.

Byron and Heath play different positions...? Are you dense?

LMAO!!!
1. Scandrick isnt here, so that's a moronic statement
2. Heath isn't close to Crawford
3. Collins was being played out of position at 1T
4. Chung is a good player, DO NOT compare Heath to Chung hahahah

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like the fact that Heath will hit like a truck. It’s missed in today’s NFL. Someone gets popped and it makes players think when they get in our secondary. Looks like they will be throwing more flags this year for hits like these.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
what is with this board who takes average players and turn them into Gods.

heath is a good player in a limited role, there is nothing wrong with that. if heath leaves, hes not going to be a starter anywhere. deal with it. another poster said it well, use him creatively. this is true, but he cant do it play after play after play.

DanA

Reaction score
He's good depth, but a our weakest link in regards to starters. Plays well on special teams.

Hopefully we find an upgrade in the draft. He's good in packages that highlight his strenghs, but he's not a starter.

Id consider Heath better than Cooper, Hanna, T.Williams, Morris, A.Brown, Crawford, B.Jones, D.Wilson, J.Durant and Scandrick. Maybe not all were starters but I think they all saw a fair amount of football, and some were entrenched in the team last year.

To me he’s a long way from the weakest link.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
what is with this board who takes average players and turn them into Gods.

heath is a good player in a limited role, there is nothing wrong with that. if heath leaves, hes not going to be a starter anywhere. deal with it. another poster said it well, use him creatively. this is true, but he cant do it play after play after play.
He’d start in Washington and New York but you’re too stuck in your view to admit something so clear. And that’s just in our division.

Gaede

Reaction score
Heath is a great player to have on the team. Maybe not a starter, but a quality depth guy who will make the occasional big play. Seems like the type of guy who would do well in the playoffs, in crunch time.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
He’d start in Washington and New York but you’re too stuck in your view to admit something so clear. And that’s just in our division.

this is pure talk with no fact. I would believe you if he was plucked for us or he gets to FA one day and someone takes him. but im not holding my breath. hes valuable, just not as a starter

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Id consider Heath better than Cooper, Hanna, T.Williams, Morris, A.Brown, Crawford, B.Jones, D.Wilson, J.Durant and Scandrick. Maybe not all were starters but I think they all saw a fair amount of football, and some were entrenched in the team last year.

To me he’s a long way from the weakest link.
That's cool

He's not close to Crawford or Bjones
Morris, Hanna, and Wilson aren't starters
Scandrick, Durant, and Cooper arent on the team

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some players are labeled on one play. Romo the botched field goal made him a choker, Heath being trucked by Peterson at the goall line. I don’t think many look past that one play

I never thought he was tricked by Peterson. If another cowboy wouldn’t have come in and hit them I thinkenhenwouldnhave held Peterson

Exactly, his momentum was already going backwards. However, our fans hate our team and players so much, they will not want to believe this.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly he played well last season. Staff loves him. Let’s see how this draft shakes out

Yes, I think he held his own for the most part. For a 1st time full time starter, he did not do any worse than any rookie back there.
Woods made mistakes as well, but no one wants to talk about him.
Not saying Heath is or will be better than Woods. but the cherry pickers have their agendas.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

If you still hate him then you are just stubborn. I haven’t seen a cowboy safety make this many plays on the ball since......Roy/Woodson. And many of you thought Wilcox bum *** was better just because politics had him starting over Heath. The play in the video with Wilcox trying to take away Heaths interception is fitting. Some of you just hate being wrong. It’s quite sad. Like the guy in the video said, if it’s luck how come Byron rarely gets (lucky)? :thumbup:

lol. So a guy makes a post about hate on the posters. What's the difference?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Heath is not the best at his position. But he is far from the worst. It's also ok to want to upgrade any and all positions.

Solid player, studies the game, gives 100% effort, can actually make a play on the ball, plays better than his contract. Oh and is one of our best ST players.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Heath is good enough to start in many places. He is better than Andrew Sendejo who we cut and has been starting for a much better defense in Minny than we have.

What you're saying is that we ****ed up by cutting Sendejo. Heath is worse than Sendajo.