Jeff Heath haters

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I still love that Fumble he ripped from Steve Smith? Forget which wr at ny in 2013. That was a great play and a huge moment in that must win game for Dallas that day.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lmao, Heath is not worse than Sendejo. Heath is way more of a playmaker than him

This playmaker BS needs to stop lmao.

He's had two non-tipped picks, with one Irving hitting Winstons arm mid-motion to sail it straight to Heath.

He gives up more plays than he makes, thats not a playmaker.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lmao, Heath is not worse than Sendejo. Heath is way more of a playmaker than him

"
Two years ago, the #Vikings took a chance on Sendejo with a 4-yr deal.

It's paid off big time. Last year he was @PFF's #11 safety. The #NFL1000 had him as the 5th-best FS, one spot ahead of Earl Thomas.

Now they have a near pro-bowl-caliber safety under contract for pennies: https://t.co/ZjoEKlmVCK"

Gtfoh hahah

jwitten82

Reaction score
"
Two years ago, the #Vikings took a chance on Sendejo with a 4-yr deal.

It's paid off big time. Last year he was @PFF's #11 safety. The #NFL1000 had him as the 5th-best FS, one spot ahead of Earl Thomas.

Now they have a near pro-bowl-caliber safety under contract for pennies: https://t.co/ZjoEKlmVCK"

Gtfoh hahah
Lmao, at using pff...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lmao, at using pff...
I thought that all you would have, of course. You tried using box stats to compare DBs lmao. How moronic

And if you read it, it wasnt just PFF two sources were quoted. Two sources that obviously watch more closely than yoh.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Every team needs JAGs to fill the roster. Heath was thrust into a starting role when he wasn’t ready in 2013 due to unjuries and the hate from that will never be overcome. The roster can’t have Pro Bowl players across the board. For a JAG and one of our weak links, he isn’t as bad as many attempt to make him out to be. I wouldn’t mind an upgrade but I’m not looking at Heath as a scapegoat. Byron Jones being a first round pick has disappointed me much more than Heath has because I expect more out of a 1st round pick.
How bout we see how he does at the position he was drafted for before calling him a bust?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
How bout we see how he does at the position he was drafted for before calling him a bust?

There's different levels of bust, it's very subjective.

Byron was fantastic his rookie year, even better his sophomore year but not as big of a jump as you'd hope for out of a young guy, then regressed majorly last year in his tackling. Statistically waz still one of the best slot corners in the league.

At this point I'm not sure we will be able to get the value back on the resource we used to get him, pick #28. Which I think it what the poster before was using as his definition of bust. Truly any player that has consistently been average-above average is not a bust but I wont get into that.

Then there's a player that has been below average, will receive a small 2nd contract. Ex. DJ Swearinger

Then a player that was so bad he didnt make it onto a 2nd teams final roster. Ex Bjorn Werner

Different levels of busts

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Heath makes some nice plays but he also wiffs on some big plays.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
There's different levels of bust, it's very subjective.

Byron was fantastic his rookie year, even better his sophomore year but not as big of a jump as you'd hope for out of a young guy, then regressed majorly last year in his tackling. Statistically waz still one of the best slot corners in the league.

At this point I'm not sure we will be able to get the value back on the resource we used to get him, pick #28. Which I think it what the poster before was using as his definition of bust. Truly any player that has consistently been average-above average is not a bust but I wont get into that.

Then there's a player that has been below average, will receive a small 2nd contract. Ex. DJ Swearinger

Then a player that was so bad he didnt make it onto a 2nd teams final roster. Ex Bjorn Werner

Different levels of busts
He's been a quality starter at Safety. Nothing spectacular. But I think he will be a better corner. Can't blame coaching decisions on the player.

If he flames out at the position he should be playing, then let's talk about bust.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I find it ironic that if Byron Jones could've covered a TE on a crossing route on 4th and 30,
Jeff Heath would never have to buy a drink again. He sacked Rodgers on a blitz on 3rd down.
Also had a pick on the previous GB drive.

He had phenomenal plays back to back in Oakland to seal the win and keep hope alive
for the next week.

You'd think Heath would be a fan favorite, but no. Pure hate.

Big D

Reaction score
I agree with Panchucko.

Heath was below average as a rookie with some highlight reel bad plays. He's gotten better but the rookie season and highlight reel bad plays have stuck with some fans. In saying that I don't think he's a better player than Church was so I wouldn't agree with the best since Woody/Roy implications. I do think Heath is still improving though, which is a testament to his fantastic work ethic. Interestingly I like him better in a deeper role than as a box safety, if there's a weakness in his game it's that I think he misses too many tackles.

This is not a weakness to have as a safety! :laugh:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He's progressed enough that he contributes and makes timely plays on a rotational basis.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Some posters just desperately need Heath to not be awful.

He is, but their dreams and beliefs need to be justified.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Some posters just desperately need Heath to not be awful.

He is, but their dreams and beliefs need to be justified.
I’ve yet to see anything supporting your claims. I’m still waiting to hear what games Heath was bad in besides Denver and St. Louis. (Crickets)