Signed by Cowboys Jeff Heath signs four-year deal with Cowboys

LittleD

Reaction score
It's time for Nick Hayden to cash in on all his hard work and his exceptional performances on Sunday. Pay the man!

Nick Hayden is a "free agent" and is likely not being retained this year. I think they signed his replacement.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given the status of Wilcox and Church next offseason, this makes sense.

revospeed

Reaction score
I think he's a better player than Wilcox. More athletic, smarter, makes more plays. But we all remember what Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson's offensive line did to him.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Wilcox on the bubble

He's been living there for years now, IMO.

For the life of me I don't understand how this dude got thru the college level with Pop Warner fundamentals.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Should be a guy you are looking to upgrade from, not attach yourself to.

giphy.gif

coogrfan

Reaction score
Every guy is a guy you're looking to upgrade if you're doing it right. And every team has guys like Jeff Heath they rely on to fill roles that need filling.

They do...they just don't sign them to 4 year deals.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
An awful and very unnecessary decision by the front office. Shante Carver-level bad.

No it's not. It's a sound football decision that keeps a core special teams player on the roster and offers depth in the secondary. Let me guess, you would have signed Eric Berry for peanuts, drafted Ramsey at #4 and we would all skip whistling merrily down the yellow brick road.

LittleD

Reaction score
He's been living there for years now, IMO.

For the life of me I don't understand how this dude got thru the college level with Pop Warner fundamentals.

You have to remember he was a RB for most of his college career. I think he only played Safety his senior year.
He pretty fast but, he's limited on the defense because he doesn't have good reaction skills. He can run but, he
can't cover. Enough said!

coogrfan

Reaction score
No it's not. It's a sound football decision that keeps a core special teams player on the roster and offers depth in the secondary. Let me guess, you would have signed Eric Berry for peanuts, drafted Ramsey at #4 and we would all skip whistling merrily down the yellow brick road.

Fine. Why give a guy like that a 4 year deal?