Jeremiah - Best fit for Cowboys?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Agreed. But is he a master at building a dominant DL in your opinion?
He's only as good as the players he's given...so what I would tell folks to do is look at his work in Tampa under Gruden in the SB year. He had Studs..Simien Rice, Brooks,Ronde Barber,John Lynch. All were Tampa's draft picks except Rice. That D was dominant. So in my opinion...he CAN be a master if given the proper tools to do the job. Thus far,its been a massive failure in the front office...tho we seem to be FINALLY getting Granny some nice pieces. lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Marinelli has been given 2nd tier...3rd tier players and free agents that no one wanted and been asked to make them into NFL players. Its a damn travesty up to this point.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Overlooking David Irving at 3Tech = credibility loss regarding DAL.

exciter

Reaction score
My problem with Hurst is his weight. Aaron Donald was small, but not so light. This dude is 265. I think we have a similar player in Lewis Neal.
Don't believe he's been 265 since his freshman year. Played at 288 this past season. Neal was a very mediocre de at Lau who is also 2 1/2" shorter they've experimented with transitioning to 3t!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Even Vince Lombardy had to build a championship Team..he had to have good players to fully make his system work.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's only as good as the players he's given...so what I would tell folks to do is look at his work in Tampa under Gruden in the SB year. He had Studs..Simien Rice, Brooks,Ronde Barber,John Lynch. All were Tampa's draft picks except Rice. That D was dominant. So in my opinion...he CAN be a master if given the proper tools to do the job. Thus far,its been a massive failure in the front office...tho we seem to be FINALLY getting Granny some nice pieces. lol
I am sure a lot of coaches could succeed and develop a rep as a guru with those players.

His track record since is not even close in who he has pushed for as a head coach in Detroit or in Chicago and Dallas as a defensive coordinator.

Even his Bear defenses inherited players like Urlacher and Lance Briggs.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The only thing you can hope for is that it was done out of necessity since the Paea signing blew up in their face and Brian Price got injured.

Personally, I don't even think Collins is a quality 3-T, at least in the sense you would want if you aspire for more than just "solid".

When he had a decent 1-Tech next to him he put up 5 sacks his rookie year so just based on that it only takes a rocket scientist to figure out the rest...

Sydla

Reaction score

He’s picking the pieces though. He’s the reason we don’t spend anything on a 1 Tech.

And he won a SB 15 years ago. The game has changed since then.

Sydla

Reaction score
Marinelli has been given 2nd tier...3rd tier players and free agents that no one wanted and been asked to make them into NFL players. Its a damn travesty up to this point.

He’s picked the FAs.

Paea was his guy. Carroll was his guy. Thornton was his guy. He’s the one who stuck with Hayden.

Your attempts to make Marinelli into some poor victim here is laughable.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will like to see Hurst in the Combine before making up my mind.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Except it’s not that simple.

Coaching can make a difference. Look to Philly. Schwartz took much of the same stuff Kelly had, switched to a 4-3 and put a much better D out there.

Coaching matters.
Yes..of course it matters lol..but the two have to mesh. Philly had tons of talented players,moreso than Dallas..much more,but in that case it was a matter of tweakin the philosophy and system. Its not always that simple..and is not the norm.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s picking the pieces though. He’s the reason we don’t spend anything on a 1 Tech.

And he won a SB 15 years ago. The game has changed since then.
no he's not. Marinelli has no say so on who the draft picks and free agents are. If you believe that your mistaken.He has input,but thats it. The final decisions lie with the Jones'and Will McClay. He IS NOT THE REASON.