Jeremiah - Best fit for Cowboys?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree that it takes both and I also agree that the team often under-performs. To use a boxing expression, rarely does the team punch above its weight class. To me, that is a coaching issue. While Garrett has had his (good) moments as a coach, when was the last time that you honestly felt he actually out-coached the other team?

That's a pretty good point CC. You almost never come away from a game thinking this.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If they determine that Hurst is better than Collins or Irving, then draft him and play Collins at 1. This defense hasn't had it's Warren Sapp, who plays every week. The 3tech is critical to this defense, and it needs someone who brings it every week, not just a few games each year.

If Hurst is determined to be twice the 3 that Collins could be, then grab him if available. We all see what Donald has done in this league. If Hurst and Irving end up both being great for an entire season, what a great problem to have, with lots of future options.

Personally, I want either DL, OL, WR, or DB in round 1.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they determine that Hurst is better than Collins or Irving, then draft him and play Collins at 1. This defense hasn't had it's Warren Sapp, who plays every week. The 3tech is critical to this defense, and it needs someone who brings it every week, not just a few games each year.

If Hurst is determined to be twice the 3 that Collins could be, then grab him if available. We all see what Donald has done in this league. If Hurst and Irving end up both being great for an entire season, what a great problem to have, with lots of future options.

Personally, I want either DL, OL, WR, or DB in round 1.

You could get Hurst in the first and still get a decent 1 tech later in the draft.

If that 1 tech can beat out Collins, so be it. Either way you should get decent depth at both 1 and 3 tech.

Seems like they don't want to keep Irving for whatever reason but if they do maybe they finally want to move him to DE in a rotation.