Jerrah - We haven't had a 1 WR in years

khiladi

Reaction score
He's actually right about this. Romo made Dez seem like a #1 receiver, but he really wasn't.

There are only 6 in the game. Julio, AB, Hopkins, Thomas, Landry, and perhaps Beckham. No, Green isn't, if you want to count him, that's 7.

And none of those guys have won a Super Bowl.

Julio hasn’t had a TD all season and had only three last year. The guy can’t sniff the red zone and Atlanta has had red zone issues for a couple years now. Dez even with this garbage Qb play was finding the end-zone more than Julio even in the Dak years.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dallas hasn't had a great owner / GM, head coach or offensive coordinator in a long time either.

Maybe that is why Dallas has had no post season success in 2 plus decades.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Julio hasn’t had a TD all season and has only tgree last year. The guy can’t sniff the red zone and Atlanta has had red zone issues for a couple years now. Dez even with this garbage Qb play was finding the end-zone more than Julio even in the Dak years.

That is where Dez has been missed the most. His physicality in the end zone is sorely missed.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
That is where Dez has been missed the most. His physically in the end zone is sorely missed.

Exactly.. Julio has skills that top Dez, but Dez is better at certain things. It’s not absolute.. plus he doesn’t have Matt Ryan these last three years, who I always thought was over-rated to an extent, but he’s still a Tier 2 QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wait...……...I thought we didn't need a number one WR in this offense?

I was told this numerous times before the season started when I mentioned our WRs all suck.

So now it turns out we do need a number one WR after all?

Wow, great epiphany to have in week 5...………."you know, we could probably use a number one WR, our receivers all suck":facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Julio Jones I would trade for this year,in a heart beat. He isn't the typical wr. I would still draft 1.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That speaks to his own arrogance slash incompetence more than whether or not Garrett gets a pass.

He either misjudged Dez as a #1 or is horribly, horribly wrong on his "you don't need to have a #1 WR" nonsense.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I assume Jerry is of the opinion that we can get by just fine without one. Why do things like other teams?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OK, I misunderstood your post.

We're reaching Defcon 5 here. Garrett, Linehan, gotta go. We need to figure out if White has any future so the offseason plan is more in focus.
I think you take a QB in round 1 even if you like White. White has starter talent, but so did Mettenberger. Like Mettenberger, White has problems that could ever keep him from being a legit NFL.

Take a QB, and if White develops into a starting caliber QB all the better

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
He's actually right about this. Romo made Dez seem like a #1 receiver, but he really wasn't.

There are only 6 in the game. Julio, AB, Hopkins, Thomas, Landry, and perhaps Beckham. No, Green isn't, if you want to count him, that's 7.

And none of those guys have won a Super Bowl.

Green, Thielen, Diggs, Evans.

jay94

Reaction score
Yep we have had no 3 no 4 wrs the last few years with the exception of Bryant who was a number 2. It has been one of our weakest links and if you can't see the clear deficiency this year, the blinders have had their way with you and overall football assessment is greatly in question.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Wait...……...I thought we didn't need a number one WR in this offense?

I was told this numerous times before the season started when I mentioned our WRs all suck.

So now it turns out we do need a number one WR after all?

Wow, great epiphany to have in week 5...………."you know, we could probably use a number one WR, our receivers all suck":facepalm:
I'm right there with you. All off-season, there were a few of us that maintained having #1 WR is important. I never understood how not having better talent was a good thing. At least, if you don't have a #1 WR you better have a stud TE.......... oh wait, we don't have one of those either. I find it really hard to believe that people are surprised now.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We basically have route runners and shifty guys. I usually thought good receivers were a dime a dozen. Boy, was I wrong.
The importance of having talent at the WR position really hit me in the first half of 2012, during the Kevin Ogletree experiment.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I wish I can go back in time and tell the young me to not pick the cowboys as my favorite team. I could of picked any team. But I had to go and pick a team with a senile lunatic as the owner.

Fantastic.:thumbup: