Jerruh speaks on ST

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I gotta say that the first thing you learn when you play special teams, at any level is don't stand around because that's the quickest way to get hurt. The second thing you learn is lane discipline. I swear, I saw a bunch of guys just running around against the Chargers. I mean, it honestly did not look like we were disciplined, as a unit, at all. It reminded me of young kids in there 1st or 2nd year in soccer. They call it herd ball because one kid has the ball and all the rest just follow him all over the field. Of all the aspects of that game, this was the most troublesome to me. It honestly looked like the players on special teams had no concept of what they wanted to do.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Can someone post who were the gunners on those 4 punt returns?

Thanks

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
cowboyed;2190651 said:
You may fall under the category of a convenient memory lapser.

There isnt a Cowboy fan alive that was not disappointed that Jimmy Johnson was gone after winning 2 SB's back to back. It was Jerry's doing.

Dont make the mistake of "time passing" change that fact.

Twist and spin away.....

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
YoMick;2190780 said:
There isnt a Cowboy fan alive that was not disappointed that Jimmy Johnson was gone after winning 2 SB's back to back. It was Jerry's doing.

Dont make the mistake of "time passing" change that fact.

Twist and spin away.....
While I agree with you for the most part, Jimmy has said that even if the blow up with Jerry hadn't taken place, he wouldn't have lasted much longer.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2190767 said:
Can someone post who were the gunners on those 4 punt returns?

Thanks
Sure.

Question everybody...who were the gunners on those 4 punt returns?

Not sure what that accomplished, but happy to help you.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2190791 said:
While I agree with you for the most part, Jimmy has said that even if the blow up with Jerry hadn't taken place, he wouldn't have lasted much longer.

While we can all choose what want to believe. I think that is something that Jimmy eventually convinced himself of. He saw 3 or 4 SB's total in Dallas.

He was devastated. He did not want to leave the Cowboys - - - "How 'bout them Cowboys" - no flippin way