Twitter: Jerry addresses RB situation

Fontaine

Reaction score
It's a smoke screen.

Just like they said Bass and Hoffman were starters and then went out and drafted both their replacements in the first 3 rounds.
The fact people don’t see this is hilarious.

Do you want him to come out and say, “yeah we’re taking a RB next so any other teams, feel free to jump us if you need one to”

Like honestly people.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Most of any of the RBs will be gone by the time we pick again at 174 or something. Almost 90 picks. Running back will be wiped clean.
****** Jerry.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
If only they had addressed it last draft. It's a disaster at this point. RB #1 will be second in touches only to the QB, and also be important in pass protection. A key position once again neglected by JJ & co..

Is Dallas really planning to start Zeke or some 5th round reject at this position? I'm not in favor of using a first rounder at this position, but the team can't basically ignore it either.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Half of the board would have broke their television sets if we traded up for Brooks. The problem with running game was the offensive line last season. I think you will see a difference.
With Zeke? Rico Dowdle? Our big FA signing Royce Freeman? Deuce?
We will probably draft a RB in round 5. But I’m not holding my breath.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's a smoke screen.

Just like they said Bass and Hoffman were starters and then went out and drafted both their replacements in the first 3 rounds.
I mean. The chances of finding a good RB is getting slim at this point of the draft.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3.5 yards x 3 carries = first down.

In your face
Maybe we’ll run the wishbone with Jerry at QB. He’s already told us he was a great option QB.
Signing Zeke guarantees they intend on tanking this year, and all these picks are for building for the future.
The crazy thing is, I really think Jerry thinks they’re SB bound. He is a glass completely full at all times guy. And detached from football reality.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I mean. The chances of finding a good RB is getting slim at this point of the draft.
RBs are one of the easiest to find in every round of the draft including undrafted guys. Sure late round guys aren't a given like the top backs.

With a good OL, you can find a RB.

I think teams should draft one and after their 3-5 years is up, draft another one